1. I'd much rather they attempt to reimagine heavier or more rocking tracks like SBS and Vertigo, than songs like SATS and EBW that have already been done or lend themselves more easily. For example, what could they do to I Will Follow or Out of Control to render them softer and acoustic. Think perhaps of what The Boss has done with tracks like Born In The USA or No Surrender.
  2. Putting together a realistic acoustic Setlist here’s what I’d go for

Vertigo
    Desire
    Mysterious ways
    I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    Stuck In A Moment
    So Cruel
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Running To Stand Still
    Stay
    Staring At The Sun
    Every Breaking Wave
    Walk on
    One
    Love Is Bigger

Obviously so cruel is the standout rarity in there but I’m just thinking about the recent anniversary of AB, I think the song could well be on the bands mind. Staring At the sun I’d love to hear acoustic with an orchestra. Bono and Edge did the performance at the Clinton decade of difference I think it’s called and the strings are amazing getting the full band involved and some good rehearsal time in would maybe lead to the best ever live performance of that particular song.
  3. Originally posted by Federico_Toni:Trying to be realistic, as MTV Unplugged setlists usually have at least one cover song and more or less 15 tunes

Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Vertigo
    All Because Of You
    The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
    Walk On
    Running To Stand Still
    One
    We Can Work It Out (The Beatles cover)
    Desire
    No Line On The Horizon
    Staring At The Sun
    Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
    Every Breaking Wave
    Original Of The Species
    You're The Best Thing About Me
    Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way

You get at least 1 song from each album except Boy, October and Passengers

Some of the songs can also be electric. I could see One, Stay, Desire, Original of The Species and Love Is Bigger as 5 of them.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Putting together a realistic acoustic Setlist here’s what I’d go for

Vertigo
    Desire
    Mysterious ways
    I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    Stuck In A Moment
    So Cruel
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Running To Stand Still
    Stay
    Staring At The Sun
    Every Breaking Wave
    Walk on
    One
    Love Is Bigger

Obviously so cruel is the standout rarity in there but I’m just thinking about the recent anniversary of AB, I think the song could well be on the bands mind. Staring At the sun I’d love to hear acoustic with an orchestra. Bono and Edge did the performance at the Clinton decade of difference I think it’s called and the strings are amazing getting the full band involved and some good rehearsal time in would maybe lead to the best ever live performance of that particular song.
    You can Put I Still Haven't Found. So Cruel, Stay, One & Love Is Bigger as electric songs. I've seen people on MTV Unplugged like Katy Perry's band and some others play on electric guitars in MTV Unplugged.
  5. Originally posted by johnthedude:[..]
    You can Put I Still Haven't Found. So Cruel, Stay, One & Love Is Bigger as electric songs. I've seen people on MTV Unplugged like Katy Perry's band and some others play on electric guitars in MTV Unplugged.
    They could do but seeing as they songs have already been played acoustic before I don’t think they would opt for an electric guitar. There would be other ways of filling songs out with an orchestra maybe some other additional instruments playing as well.
  6. Sorry!
    I don't mean to be disrespectful