1. ...for your own funeral?

I know it's a somewhat strange question: thinking about the inevitable death, especially since your own funeral isn't exactly something you think of on a day to day basis. So, if this new topic somewhat shocks you, I do apologize on before hand.

But I started wondering myself when a nephew of mine died at the age of 34. During his funeral, only his favorite music was played. One of the songs was from Rammstein, the other one was "Highway to Hell" from AC/DC.
    That sounds strange, but let me tell you, when you hear that song and the 6 year-old girl in front of you starts crying because she knows it was her daddy's favorite song, your heart breaks.

So, I was just wondering what your special song would be.

Mine would be "Streets", "Still Haven't Found" and "Stay (far Away") from U2 of course. Another one would be "That's The Way Of The World" from EWF and I'd want "Rex Tremendae" from Mozart's "Requiem".

What's your choice?
  2. no strange question, mate it's alright. I've given this some thought before, and it's actually written down which one is to be played.

It's going to be "Walk On".

it means the most to me, in so many ways, and it will mean it all for those who... will stay behind.
  3. Originally posted by Rob1965:

Mine would be "Streets", "Still Haven't Found" and "Stay (far Away") from U2 of course. Another one would be "That's The Way Of The World" from EWF and I'd want "Rex Tremendae" from Mozart's "Requiem".

wow, that's gonna be one long but fun funeral
    I'd go with Kite. I connect with it, and the lyrics would go with the occasion.

Something is about to give
    I can feel it coming
    I think I know what it is
    I'm not afraid to die
    I'm not afraid to live
    And when I'm flat on my back
    I hope to feel like I did

I want you to know
    That you don't need me anymore
    I want you to know
    You don't need anyone, anything at all (for those left behind, if any )
  4. im not sure i wanna think of this but i would love this setlist: (for obvious reasons)

1. With Or Without You
    2. I Still Havent Founf What Im Looking For
    3. Yahweh
    4. No Line On The Horizon

And I already picked one for my wedding:

not kidding
  5. Pride in the name of love. Call me arrogant or something, but i'd like people ot hear "one man come in the name of love" at my funeral, it'd be epic. Obviously hte song wasn't meant for MY funeral, but still. If not that, than Where The Streets Have No Name, forever. That will always be my favourite song.
  6. Levitate - because it's about spirits.
  7. one / mos / utlra violet
  8. Streets or Yahweh (acoustic)
  9. Originally posted by Shimitz:im not sure i wanna think of this but i would love this setlist: (for obvious reasons)

1. With Or Without You
    2. I Still Havent Founf What Im Looking For
    3. Yahweh
    4. No Line On The Horizon

And I already picked one for my wedding: [YouTube Video]
    not kidding

Wow if you used a Star Wars song at your wedding, you truly are my hero. SW fans forever man, best movies out there.
  10. Wow! There's some really nice ideas here. Walk On and Kite...of course these make sense.

It's important to choose music that means a lot to you as well as those you leave behind indeed.
    And writing it down somewhere is a very smart move. Thanks for those replies: after all, it's a rather personal topic.
  11. Originally posted by Rob1965:

EDIT: "All I Want Is You" must be on the playlist as well: my wife loves that song.
    And I think I'll exchange "That's The Way..." from EWF for U2's "Walk On".
  12. I haven't thought of this at all, but my mum has told me tons of times that she wants Stay, All I Want Is You, The First Time and some others I can't remember. She'll have to do a proper list, otherwise I will fuck it up and end pllayig my own chosen songs

PS. I think I would choose One, October and 40.