1. Originally posted by Bonobsession:Thank you all for your lovely welcomes!
    I have been lucky to see some good tours. My first ever show was Elevation at Birmingham in 2001. Then Vertigo in 2005 in Manchester.
    This time round i was at the opening night in Dublin which caused a total 360 addiction! I also went to Wembley 1 and Sheffield - and still not enough!
    This year i am going to frankfurt, Hannover (and experiencing red zone there - with my husband and daughter - her first U2show) and then finishing it off in Vienna - it is going to be a great summer!!

How old is your daughter? I ask because I'm 18 now, and I remember when i was just turning 14, I had a shot at seeing the Vertigo Tour with my dad as a birthday present, but the tickets would have been expensive and hard to get, so I decided I wasn't a HUGE enough fan to put my dad through the trouble. My fan-dom hadn't exploded like it has in recent years!!!

I just think it's great that you'll be with your daughter for her first U2 show- it's a night nobody ever forgets, and I wish my dad would have gone with me to see 360° in 2009 so I could say we finally made it together
  2. She's a very young U2 fan - it will be her 7th birthday three days before the show. She loves them though - Mother's influence i think!
    It is because she is only young that we got red zone - i think it will be easier for us (easier than the hours i'm going to be queueing for in Vienna).
    She has been to a couple of non U2 concert before and she really enjoys it - singing dancing etc...
    Just keeping fingers crossed that we get Elevation, Beautiful day and Pride on the setlist as they are her favourite songs.
    I do think though that if they were playing in England I may have waited til next time round for her to see them. But seeing as the concerts are part of our holiday itinerary it makes sense that she comes to one of the shows.
    And yes i'm taking wax ear mufflers for her!
  3. Originally posted by Bonobsession:She's a very young U2 fan - it will be her 7th birthday three days before the show. She loves them though - Mother's influence i think!
    It is because she is only young that we got red zone - i think it will be easier for us (easier than the hours i'm going to be queueing for in Vienna).
    She has been to a couple of non U2 concert before and she really enjoys it - singing dancing etc...
    Just keeping fingers crossed that we get Elevation, Beautiful day and Pride on the setlist as they are her favourite songs.
    I do think though that if they were playing in England I may have waited til next time round for her to see them. But seeing as the concerts are part of our holiday itinerary it makes sense that she comes to one of the shows.
    And yes i'm taking wax ear mufflers for her!

Aw, well congratulations! I'm so happy for the family; the Red Zones will be quite an experience!

And as far as those songs go? I would say Beautiful Day is a fairly safe bet at this point, but you never know about the other two..
  4. Greetings from cold, rainy and snowy Scotland!

5. it's cold and wet a bit futher sounth of scotland too!
    I was lucky last year to get all three songs played! But will just have to wait and see for this summer. But seeing that she knows and loves most of their songs she'll sing along happily anyway!
  6. Hi there!
  7. Hi all again, would be spending more time in here but snowed under at work and applying for new jobs - no rest for the wicked! lol!
  8. Welcomee

Greetings from Brazil
  9. G'day and welcome to the site!
  10. Hi bonobsession,

I've just joined this site. I've spent a long time on U2.com and feel like a change. I live in the UK and have been a fan for almost 30 years. I am also addicted to 360 and went to barcelona, amsteram, wembley (both nights) and sheffield. Have booked frankfurt, brussels and zurich red zone.
    I like your user name, I am bono obsessed my husband thinks I like bono more than him.!.!.!.
  11. Originally posted by magsteru2:Hi bonobsession,

I've just joined this site. I've spent a long time on U2.com and feel like a change. I live in the UK and have been a fan for almost 30 years. I am also addicted to 360 and went to barcelona, amsteram, wembley (both nights) and sheffield. Have booked frankfurt, brussels and zurich red zone.
    I like your user name, I am bono obsessed my husband thinks I like bono more than him.!.!.!.

I may have seen you at Wembley 1 or Sheffield then lol! And I am going to be a Frankfurt too. Glad you like my name on here - I am a total obsessive and my patient husband just puts up with me, and shakes his head from time to time.
    I am on u2.com too and enjoy being on there but thought I'd see what other sites were like too!