1. Originally posted by Alex:GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome: The irresistible urge to buy more guitar related stuff, driven by the irrational hope it will upgrade the player's abilities to Jimi Ray Satriani- level.

Alex

Ah yes, the fateful condition that has caused me to lose hunderds of dollars in buying and re-selling gear

2. My simple cure is that I don't have said condition I've bought what I have, granted, but never sold any of it lol...
  3. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    My simple cure is that I don't have said condition I've bought what I have, granted, but never sold any of it lol...

That's a good thiing, The only upside to GAS is that you get to experience lots of gear, however it's costly I've gone through (counts on fingers, literally) 10 guitars, 3 of them gibson, 4 fenders, and 3 epiphones. Right now I currently only have 1 guitar, (included in those numbers) which is my american strat, which i'll never get rid of. Amongst all of those guitars, i've always had a strat, as its my favourite guitar.

As for pedals, i've gone from pedalboard to multi-fx twice now, so i've probably bought about 12 pedals or so, sold all of them, a tonelab LE, sold that, now i'm with an M13. I just can't make up my mind! But i've had the same setup for a while now, and I'm still happy with it. Pedals are great, but once you start thinking about a pedalboard, there's SO many hidden costs. Powering the pedals, the board itself, buffers, cables, perhaps loops if you want to get tricky. Anyway, a multi-fx is hassle free, and the M13 has great tones, "so we're takin' it".

I forgot the Epiphone Les Paul Custom I just bought, make that number of guitars 11.

My next GAS quest, i'm saving up for a rickenbacker 12 string and with that would come a Korg A3

Now I'm done.
  4. Originally posted by easports43:[..]

a lot of this is used, keep that in mind. So it's not really that impressive... I've been able to find some amazing deals at the local shops here.

No, I just meant that I hadn't seen you around these parts in what seemed like months....
  5. - Copy of Fender Stratocaster
    - Black Tanglewood Acoustic Guitar
    - Black Fender Squire Bass
    - Boss Me 20
    - Rumble 15 Bass Amp
    - RVP 25 Guitar Amp

It´s not a lot but it does me fine
  6. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:- Copy of Fender Stratocaster
    - Black Tanglewood Acoustic Guitar
    - Black Fender Squire Bass
    - Boss Me 20
    - Rumble 15 Bass Amp
    - RVP 25 Guitar Amp

It´s not a lot but it does me fine

That's all that counts
  7. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]

That's a good thiing, The only upside to GAS is that you get to experience lots of gear, however it's costly I've gone through (counts on fingers, literally) 10 guitars, 3 of them gibson, 4 fenders, and 3 epiphones. Right now I currently only have 1 guitar, (included in those numbers) which is my american strat, which i'll never get rid of. Amongst all of those guitars, i've always had a strat, as its my favourite guitar.

As for pedals, i've gone from pedalboard to multi-fx twice now, so i've probably bought about 12 pedals or so, sold all of them, a tonelab LE, sold that, now i'm with an M13. I just can't make up my mind! But i've had the same setup for a while now, and I'm still happy with it. Pedals are great, but once you start thinking about a pedalboard, there's SO many hidden costs. Powering the pedals, the board itself, buffers, cables, perhaps loops if you want to get tricky. Anyway, a multi-fx is hassle free, and the M13 has great tones, "so we're takin' it".

I forgot the Epiphone Les Paul Custom I just bought, make that number of guitars 11.

My next GAS quest, i'm saving up for a rickenbacker 12 string and with that would come a Korg A3

Now I'm done.

I was happy once I got an Explorer of any make lol. I agree re. multi-FX, I basically swear by them, always found them much easier and more fun than a pedalboard type thing. I want to get a Korg board or the like one day, plus a better amp., and them I'm basically sorted 'cause I have the guitars I want - sure, upgrades would be nice but I don't crave them. Improve them, yes, my Les Paul needs work but it was a birthday gift and I feel attached to it, same with my other guitars. I doubt I could ever sell them save in times of great need lol!

+1, I believe the term goes
  8. I have a guitar, a lead and an amp none of your fancy pedals lol
  9. Guitars:
    Epiphone Les Paul Special II (wine red)
    Fender Squire Stratocaster (black)
    Ibanez SGT120 Acoustic (natural finish)

Amps:
    Peavey something 15W (home use)
    Crate something 15W (home use)
    Fender Frontman 38W (home, rehearsal use)
    Very soon to be added: Crate Flexwave FW120 120W (rehearsal, live use)

Effects:
    Digitech RP70 (home use)
    Digitech RP250 (home, rehearsal, live use)

I have an endless list of things that I want to add to this list (not including keyboard and singing items).

10. +1..............

I'm waiting for Jeff to see this topic and/or post on it
  11. Guitars:
    PRS Special Edition Singlecut http://www.frugalguitarist.com/Images/PRS_SE.jpg
    Epiphone Les Paul "Goth" Edition (Jet Black)
    Washburn Lyon Acoustic

Amps:
    Fender 90w
    ART Tube Pre-Amp

Effects:
    Digitech RP250 Multi-Effect Processor
    Boss DS1 Distortion
    Vox V847 Wah
    Effects on Fender amp, controlled w/ footswitch

Recording:
    TASCAM DP-004 Digital 4 Track
    Sony ACID on my laptop