1. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Do you think it's worth me not following rehearsal footage and waiting it out til show night, just to have the tweeted setlist be a surprise as its delivered to my mobile? I'm not even going to a gig, but I might as well be as surprised as possible...

We'll have to see. Dunno if I can hold out like that.

Don't think it's worth it. The only reason you could wait until show night is if you're actually going to the show.
  2. -1 to Kieran, but in some sense +1 as well... Even from home, its exciting to be surprised "live" by what they play or change. So, forthe 1st show of a leg, its perfectly valid both positions, holding out to remain unspoiled, or wanting as many details as possible. Let each one decide
  3. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:Do you think it's worth me not following rehearsal footage and waiting it out til show night, just to have the tweeted setlist be a surprise as its delivered to my mobile? I'm not even going to a gig, but I might as well be as surprised as possible...

We'll have to see. Dunno if I can hold out like that.

that's a cool idea i'd have never thought of at all. I might give that a shot actually. Of course they could just not play anything they rehearse in public just to mess with us all. Then we'll all feel foolish. (doubtful)

4. for Turin: 86 Euro (63 Euro the ticket, plus 20 Euro postal costs and some extra fee )
  5. Originally posted by Doc32:[..]

that's a cool idea i'd have never thought of at all. I might give that a shot actually. Of course they could just not play anything they rehearse in public just to mess with us all. Then we'll all feel foolish. (doubtful)

My original plan was to not know anything until the first bootleg surfaced for SLC, back before Bono screwed up his back. I was going to have my brother download and load the show onto my iPod for me, and I was going to play it through the surround sound speakers in my basement, front to back, without knowing what was coming. That was having me soooo excited, and then, well, the rest is history.

Decided not to do that this time, its just too much hassle for something I'll eventually follow religiously anyway. I might hold out; I might not.
  6. Originally posted by EyesWithPrideB3:[..]

My original plan was to not know anything until the first bootleg surfaced for SLC, back before Bono screwed up his back. I was going to have my brother download and load the show onto my iPod for me, and I was going to play it through the surround sound speakers in my basement, front to back, without knowing what was coming. That was having me soooo excited, and then, well, the rest is history.

Decided not to do that this time, its just too much hassle for something I'll eventually follow religiously anyway. I might hold out; I might not.

I remember I wanted to try something like that before Barcelona. I wanted someone to just tell me if anything really special was going to appear (TUF, UV) but not tell me where in the setlist. Since most songs are given already (Vertigo, BD) I'd still listen to the bootleg and discover the setlist placing myself. Idk, I want to try it this time around but its sooo hard.
  7. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:[..]

I remember I wanted to try something like that before Barcelona. I wanted someone to just tell me if anything really special was going to appear (TUF, UV) but not tell me where in the setlist. Since most songs are given already (Vertigo, BD) I'd still listen to the bootleg and discover the setlist placing myself. Idk, I want to try it this time around but its sooo hard.

Yup. Also, not to sound cocky or whatever, but it seems like at this point, if you named me a song that they would be playing, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to know when it would be played. Even before I saw the tour, I knew SBS was going to be played through a review I accidentally stumbled across, and after Vertigo, I started thinking "Unless they throw a curveball and put SBS in the encore, it's got to happen soon...", and sure enough, 2 songs later there it was.

On a more unfortunate note, I just read this from U2gigs:

Not all has been going smoothly in Turin, however. One of the concert organisers, Set Up, has revealed (report in Italian) that the City of Turin has requested a €20,000 parking fee for the use of a stadium carpark by the band's equipment trucks. This despite the fact that the carpark would otherwise remain unused during the period of U2's stay in Turin. Convoluted wheelings and dealings seem to have been required simply to get permission for U2 to rehearse at the Stadio Olimpico, and they continue now, with both organisers and city officials trying to eke concessions out of each other.

8. This is happening!

9. so we're all set then?
  10. I'm curious if the show will be sold out. Somehow surprising that there are so many tix available for an opening night in a small stadium...
  11. Originally posted by yeah:I'm curious if the show will be sold out. Somehow surprising that there are so many tix available for an opening night in a small stadium...

How does that work when some sites (eg U2.com) have said it's been sold out for months and months?