1. In that case there is the morality and the law.

Butler has done things that I easily understood don't match with the public image of the whole Arcade Fire band, and personaly I feel "what a stupid guy".
    I also think that a groupie that have such exchange with a singer married with another band member shall know a little bit what she is doing

On the Law side it's another debate...At that point he hasn't been proven of sexual abuse

(i'm pretty sure that Oasis guys have done worse with groupies in their beginnings )
  2. Gerard seems to be on the money for now. We'll see how this develops as the tour goes by. I'd still be very surprised if this whole issue doesn't have very serious backlash in upcoming tour dates.

3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well, I guess the statement "most people won't know, plenty won't care" is definitely going to be proven wrong now. There's no way to hide this issue anymore and I guess AF have to either cancel the tour themselves or at least post a group statement and find a replacement support band real quick.
    I still don't see why they need to cancel the tour?

And I really still think it is an over estimation that an article on rolling Stone changes much. There will be a bit of push back for a few shows at the start of the tour, it will die down, and it'll be pretty well business as usual for most fans especially once the tour hits the states. There is a very vocal minority on the internet blowing up about this

An international arena headline rock and roll tour won't stop for something like this. There aren't any criminal charges and on the basis of the pitch fork article the best that will happen is it ends up in a civil suit that will go away quietly. Sure I could be wrong if more severe allegations come out but I really can't see a tour being cancelled over this. And I don't think an unknown support artist pulling out of a tour is a harbinger for the apparent impending doom. I honestly hadn't even heard of her before the article

Did you watch the video of the band playing wowy? They all looked like they were still having a pretty good time in the band
  4. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    I still don't see why they need to cancel the tour?

And I really still think it is an over estimation that an article on rolling Stone changes much. There will be a bit of push back for a few shows at the start of the tour, it will die down, and it'll be pretty well business as usual for most fans especially once the tour hits the states. There is a very vocal minority on the internet blowing up about this

An international arena headline rock and roll tour won't stop for something like this. There aren't any criminal charges and on the basis of the pitch fork article the best that will happen is it ends up in a civil suit that will go away quietly. Sure I could be wrong if more severe allegations come out but I really can't see a tour being cancelled over this. And I don't think an unknown support artist pulling out of a tour is a harbinger for the apparent impending doom. I honestly hadn't even heard of her before the article

Did you watch the video of the band playing wowy? They all looked like they were still having a pretty good time in the band
    I didn't say they need to cancel, they obviously don't. I also gave an alternative which was posting a band announcement (which they just did as I posted above). What could simply not happen was the band remaining silent about this as a band, as an entity. They still need to find a replacement support act, which of course will be scrutinized and criticized, bla bla.

I did watch the WOWY video and they were having a blast for sure - and so was the crowd. That doesn't imply things outside the arena aren't looking good for the band. This is not 1985 anymore, it's 2022 here and news spread fast. Apart from that vocal minority there's a lot of people that will get some sort of info about this (even if it's just reading a headline on Facebook - which is actually the most likely scenario, and the worst for AF and Win). At least here in Spain the news of Win's accusations and now Feist pulling out of the tour have hit a few major newspapers, not only your typical music magazines.

PS. Feist, unknown artist? 3 million monthly listeners and a couple of songs well over 50 million streams on Spotify? Yeah well.
  5. Originally posted by drogba29:In that case there is the morality and the law.

Butler has done things that I easily understood don't match with the public image of the whole Arcade Fire band, and personaly I feel "what a stupid guy".
    I also think that a groupie that have such exchange with a singer married with another band member shall know a little bit what she is doing

On the Law side it's another debate...At that point he hasn't been proven of sexual abuse

(i'm pretty sure that Oasis guys have done worse with groupies in their beginnings )
    Ha Anthony kiedis from rhcp literally wrote an autobiographical song about having sex with underage girls.. And detailed the story in his autobiography, where he had sex with her again after finding out she was 14. They're still selling out stadiums all around the world!
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I didn't say they need to cancel, they obviously don't. I also gave an alternative which was posting a band announcement (which they just did as I posted above). What could simply not happen was the band remaining silent about this as a band, as an entity. They still need to find a replacement support act, which of course will be scrutinized and criticized, bla bla.

I did watch the WOWY video and they were having a blast for sure - and so was the crowd. That doesn't imply things outside the arena aren't looking good for the band. This is not 1985 anymore, it's 2022 here and news spread fast. Apart from that vocal minority there's a lot of people that will get some sort of info about this (even if it's just reading a headline on Facebook - which is actually the most likely scenario, and the worst for AF and Win). At least here in Spain the news of Win's accusations and now Feist pulling out of the tour have hit a few major newspapers, not only your typical music magazines.

PS. Feist, unknown artist? 3 million monthly listeners and a couple of songs well over 50 million streams on Spotify? Yeah well.
    Yeah she’s hardly unknown over in these parts. There are many who are likely more familiar with her over on this continent due to her “1, 2, 3, 4” song getting used in an iTunes ad, which blew up her popularity early in her career. Arcade Fire haven’t had that push into the mainstream that Feist got. She’s appeared on Sesame Street even…and had a number of songs chart well in Canada. Also known for her work with Broken Social Scene.

While the initial allegations got little press coverage, Feist’s statement yesterday is getting much more coverage here at home where both acts originate.
  7. Fun fact: Supposedly the bassist on “1234” is my son’s music teacher!
  8. I love the Spanish version of 1,2,3,4.

Turn it up Captain!
  9. Full in Birmingham

10. That’s the arena in Birmingham I thought Arcade Fire was playing at in 2010, until the doors opened and my tickets wouldn’t scan. Quickest I’ve ever hopped into a cab and jetted across any city…made it before the opening act was finished…