1. Hey gang! Saw AF for the first (well, kinda second) time this past Sunday and I'm hooked on their live sound. Can anyone point me in the direction of great sounding bootlegs from this tour? Recommend any past ones that are essential listening?

(PS - the Paris link above is dead. Would love to hear!)
  2. Good man this Boss

3. Originally posted by acrobat70:Hey gang! Saw AF for the first (well, kinda second) time this past Sunday and I'm hooked on their live sound. Can anyone point me in the direction of great sounding bootlegs from this tour? Recommend any past ones that are essential listening?

(PS - the Paris link above is dead. Would love to hear!)
    I can help. I have many great recordings from all the years they have been active. PM me and maybe we can sort something out. Recorded plenty of radio sessions over the years too.
  4. 10 years ago this little masterpiece hit the stores and our hearts.

God, time flies doesn't it.

Gerard's post after The Suburbs was released kind of summarizes it:
  5. Great album, but Rococo needs to get in the sea.
  6. Haha yeah there are a few bummers (Wasted Hours ain't their best either) but all in all it's a very enjoyable album. I have very fond memories of it coming out and then falling in love with Ready To Start, which was the second song I ever played with my first band (The Strokes' Last Night being the first).
  7. The song 'The Suburbs' is probably one of the best songs of the last 20 years. Father John Misty's cover of it is rather exceptional.
  8. Amazing album. Love AF & this is my fav & their best still.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:10 years ago this little masterpiece hit the stores and our hearts.

God, time flies doesn't it.

[image]

Gerard's post after The Suburbs was released kind of summarizes it:
    [..]
    Ten years. Hard to believe. My first taste of the Suburbs was live. I got into a pre-release show at the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto. They debuted a number of new songs that night including Month of May, City with No Children, Rococo, The Suburbs, and more. I had hopped on a plane to be there not even knowing for sure if they were playing a show...glad that rumour paid off...

Followed them around for a while on that tour. Seeing them headline at the Osheaga Festival in Montreal, taking in four shows in the UK in the middle of snow storms and bitter temperatures, and finally seeing them here at home as well as opening for U2 in Moncton...It'll always be one of my favourite albums because of the memories of that tour. I rarely pick up and listen to the album, this one is always a live one to me...
  10. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    Ten years. Hard to believe. My first taste of the Suburbs was live. I got into a pre-release show at the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto. They debuted a number of new songs that night including Month of May, City with No Children, Rococo, The Suburbs, and more. I had hopped on a plane to be there not even knowing for sure if they were playing a show...glad that rumour paid off...

Followed them around for a while on that tour. Seeing them headline at the Osheaga Festival in Montreal, taking in four shows in the UK in the middle of snow storms and bitter temperatures, and finally seeing them here at home as well as opening for U2 in Moncton...It'll always be one of my favourite albums because of the memories of that tour. I rarely pick up and listen to the album, this one is always a live one to me...
    Amazing memories. That looks like a wonderful venue to see AF: