1. Originally posted by aussiemofo:One month to go for 360 Down Under!

Bono's final words last time were "I know that this is not good-bye" - last lyrics of Kite.

He makes good on this in a little over four weeks...

One month! I'm so excited.

2. Anyone going to the BrisVegas shows, I'd be happy to meet up....it'll be two big nights for me. I'm taking the rest of the week off!
  3. Just got back from the Powderfinger show here, they were amazing, but while i was watching them i realised in one month ill be seeing sumthing sooo much bigger, saying i cant wait is an understatment
  4. Guess I should post this:

ABC (I think ABC2) is showing the BBC U2 special at around 11pm tonight. So if you don't have a good-quality copy of it, get tapin'!
  5. DId anyone else notice that @u2 tweeted today that only 17 000 tickets have been sold for Brisbane 2?

Apparently it's based on some dude posting on their forum that he was told by some dude at Ticketbastard. It seems kind of low for 5 weeks out from a concert date (and a bit heavy on sources who are "some dude" ) but given the lukewarm sales here last tour, it could be possible. I know there's a wannabe scalper here at work who's got stuck with "hundreds" of Brisbane 2 tickets and keeps having to discount them below face (my heart bleeds!).

Is there any precedent for U2 to cancel a date due to poor sales?
  6. Haven't ever heard of U2 cancelling a concert but those figures are concerning... Especially as I have tickets for that show! Looking on ticketek.com.au it seems like it might be reliable as there are heaps of tickets still available,,,
  7. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:DId anyone else notice that @u2 tweeted today that only 17 000 tickets have been sold for Brisbane 2?

Apparently it's based on some dude posting on their forum that he was told by some dude at Ticketbastard. It seems kind of low for 5 weeks out from a concert date (and a bit heavy on sources who are "some dude" ) but given the lukewarm sales here last tour, it could be possible. I know there's a wannabe scalper here at work who's got stuck with "hundreds" of Brisbane 2 tickets and keeps having to discount them below face (my heart bleeds!).

Is there any precedent for U2 to cancel a date due to poor sales?

That pisses me off if someone goes and buys hundreds of tickets - surely there was a limit on it though - and then cries later on he has to lose money while taking away the opportunity for other fans and those who wanna go to the shows, and they fucking well can't.

Hey fucker, it's your problem!!! Going from the 'source' thing, a posthumous album release for November that I'm waiting for, I've heard from that many sources, you just never know who or not to believe. Maybe this guy is right...but I'm sure shows have been cancelled before due to bad weather and equipment damage, not poor sales.

Although that said, 17 000 is still a pretty big crowd.
  8. Originally posted by Scott_McD:Haven't ever heard of U2 cancelling a concert but those figures are concerning... Especially as I have tickets for that show! Looking on ticketek.com.au it seems like it might be reliable as there are heaps of tickets still available,,,

Yeah, me too. I've got friends coming from the US and New Zealand and we're doing both Brisbane shows. I'll be gutted if the second one doesn't happen.
  9. Originally posted by drewhiggins:[..]

That pisses me off if someone goes and buys hundreds of tickets - surely there was a limit on it though - and then cries later on he has to lose money while taking away the opportunity for other fans and those who wanna go to the shows, and they fucking well can't.

Hey fucker, it's your problem!!! Going from the 'source' thing, a posthumous album release for November that I'm waiting for, I've heard from that many sources, you just never know who or not to believe. Maybe this guy is right...but I'm sure shows have been cancelled before due to bad weather and equipment damage, not poor sales.

Although that said, 17 000 is still a pretty big crowd.

Suncorp Stadium has a 40 000+ capacity. It'd be a bloody shame for it to only be half-full.
  10. I must admit I do love the by doing 2 shows they have scalpers balls in their hands!

The bad news is that Suncorp Stadium seats 52,000 - then there is the standing... so 17.000 is quite empty - although they got a low turn out for red rocks and that turned out ok didn't it?
  11. Originally posted by Scott_McD:I must admit I do love the by doing 2 shows they have scalpers balls in their hands!

The bad news is that Suncorp Stadium seats 52,000 - then there is the standing... so 17.000 is quite empty - although they got a low turn out for red rocks and that turned out ok didn't it?

I think at that time they weren't really that big - they had some big songs at the time (Sunday Bloody Sunday, I Will Follow, Gloria), but mostly I'd have guessed there were more 'indie' fans showing up than your regular concert-goer. Plus maybe the weather put people off; even though it would have been awesome doing a show in the rain.

The thing with scalpers is the promoters are sometimes at fault too. The AC/DC shows from last year - can you believe the individual ticket allocation was something like 20 tickets each? That's a great way to have your shows run by scalpers. And as a result, me and others missed out because of those fuckers. It should be a maximum of five tickets for bigger shows, no more. I think a lot of hard lessons were learnt from those shows.

There's plenty of tickets on eBay going for way more than they should. Scalping is always gonna happen, unfortunately.

Suncorp Stadium has a 40 000+ capacity. It'd be a bloody shame for it to only be half-full.

I thought it was only a small stadium. In that case, it would be a pity to have a half-full stadium. That said, it could always be even more intimate.