1. this is such a great album
    i especially love lemon, stay, dirty day

2. At the 3 minute and 58 second mark of Zooropa is my favourite moment in all music history.
  3. Listened to this over 3 times back to back at work tonight. After being immersed in SOE and EI the past several months it's a huge breath of fresh air. I've always loved this album and my love for it continues to grow.

I love this era of the band and the songs are genius. I always felt you could feel the adrenaline and exhaustion from recording it between gigs in just six weeks. This is one of their records that really takes you somewhere else, to call it the magical land of Zooropa might be too easy, but that's always where my mind went and goes.

I love where the band has continued to go but this is arguably, if not certainly, them at their most creative. Zooropa, Numb, Lemon, Stay, Daddy's..., and the First Time are all deep favorites of mine. The light cheekiness of Babyface and Some Days are great to indulge in. Dirty Day is another favorite but it pales in comparison to the live version, (as does Daddy's...). The Wanderer is always such a good curveball of an ending to this adventure of an album, even if that alarm at the end is annoying as hell.

The lyrics to Zooropa, Numb, Stay to an extent, Some Days, The First Time, and The Wanderer are especially resonant for me right now so this is a great time for me to go back and dig into these songs again.

Also, I want to hear an electric version of Stay live. The guitar in the chorus is hard to put into words, but hits me in the gut with that weird drone effect.

I didn't mean to write an essay but it's great listening to them in their early 30s, especially on an album they wrote in 6 weeks, little to no overthinking or overworking and it is one of their masterpieces. "Don't worry baby, it'll be alright..."
  4. Listened to it on a loop 5 or 6 times this morning. Always used to love this album ever since discovering it, and Lemon is (according to iTunes) the song I've listened to the most in my life (I can listen to that song for entire evenings on loop).

I've been listening to SoE a lot lately. Going back to Zooropa is so great right now.
  5. Man, I gave this album another spin this morning and I gotta say, I’m jealous of everyone who enjoys it so much. I just cannot get into it at all, never could. It’s definitely an interesting listen and for u2 to release something like this at that point was incredibly ballsy. It’s a necessary entry in their catalogue and I appreciate it for what it is. I still think if they stayed the course and kept this attitude while making NLOTH it could’ve been their best album.
  6. For me Zooropa had the lowest number of points of all U2 records, I only like Zooropa, Stay and the live version of Dirty Day. Like Mofonyr15 I am also jealous on the people who love Zooropa.
  7. Originally posted by ferrari:For me Zooropa had the lowest number of points of all U2 records, I only like Zooropa, Stay and the live version of Dirty Day. Like Mofonyr15 I am also jealous on the people who love Zooropa.
    Wow. Those are the only songs I like as well! And DD is def 10x better live. Can’t listen to the album version.