1. The most important thing in the music of u2 it´s the intensity and passion with which they play the songs. In the last years they touch many songs without that force that had before.:
    Bad -Joshua tree tour-
    I still haven´t found what i´m looking for -Joshua tree tour-
    Mysterious ways -Zoo tv tour-
    Where the streets have no name -Joshua tree,Zoo tv tour-
    All the songs have had its moment, and now some songs don´t seem so good
  2. I disagree Streets keeps getting better.

But i have to say Stuck in a moment is oh-so overrated, i do however love the acoustic version.

3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

I think that's because it's just overplayed for us as die-hard fans, if you never listen to U2 and listen to all their songs then songs like WOWY and One really jump out. But we don't see the greatness anymore because it's just overplayed in our heads

Well, I'm not a hardcore fan but to me WoWY is not overrated nor overplayed, and I have played it A LOT. It is my all time favourite song, beneath it things changes, right now Love is Blindess is second, another song that is rather underrated than overrated to me. Just my opinion..

4. 'Stuck in a moment ...' is overrated and shouldnt have been on the greatest hits.

5. Vertigo for me.
  6. Originally posted by MacphistflyI disagree Streets keeps getting better.

But i have to say Stuck in a moment is oh-so overrated, i do however love the acoustic version.

i agree that streets keeps getting better and better...
  7. Maybe "Even Better Than The Real Thing" the album version. The one extended remix was good though.
  8. "Even Better" was KILLed by overexposure too. New Year's Day's inCREDible, to me, when they shift to it, in Live From Sydney, from "Until The End Of The World".. especially his cry, at the beginning.. Of course I lived through the snowy days of this being played on MTV/at "High School" dances/the radio, in `83/`84 too.. possibly why I love it so much.. And the era.. the Cold War/fight for freedom. "One man caught, on a barb-wire fence.." different song/same-struggle.. "for Lech Walesa and the Solidarity people of Poland..."
  9. "Love is Blindness" Sydney, perhaps, should've been the album version.
  10. Originally posted by Christdied4U2live"Love is Blindness" Sydney, perhaps, should've been the album version.

I can't understand nothing!!
  11. Love and Peace or Else..All the songs of HTDAAB are great except this one..
  12. The answers I'm reading do not seem to fit the question. The question reads: Most over-rated U2 song.

It does not say live version or studio. But in that... I think that "New Year's Day" is a good song but a bit over-rated and over-played. The same can be said for "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "Bullet The Blue Sky", "Pride (In The Name Of Love)" and "One" - in my humble view.

I am not saying that I HATE these songs. I am saying that they are the ones referred to by most non-U2 fanatics. They are the songs that are mostly played / over-played on the radio. They are also songs that don't need to disappear from the setlists completely but maybe not be played at EVERY show.

I think and I've heard from many fellow U2 fans, that they'd not be sad if U2 played "Sunday Bloody Sunday" at one show and "Bullet The Blue Sky" at the next... but that they wuuldn't miss either if platooned and played every few shows - in a fashion similar to the Elevation tour when they would play "Out Of Control" one night, and "I Will Follow" the next night in that 'slot' in the setlist.

Another idea is the platoon a few other songs. Playing Zoo Station one night, to open the encore, and MOFO or Discotheque the next, would be cool. At least I think so. And many that I've spoken with seem to agree.