1. I think doing a popmart encore for the next tour in replacement of the zootv encore would be really sweet. Or maybe even beteter, like you said, alternating from night to night. But I think they should do a popmart feature. That's a great idea. Bring back Pop!!!
  2. Originally posted by dylan The most important thing in the music of u2 it´s the intensity and passion with which they play the songs. In the last years they touch many songs without that force that had before.:
    Bad -Joshua tree tour-
    I still haven´t found what i´m looking for -Joshua tree tour-
    Mysterious ways -Zoo tv tour-
    Where the streets have no name -Joshua tree,Zoo tv tour-
    All the songs have had its moment, and now some songs don´t seem so good

Disagree with i still haven't found what i'm looking for... it is brilliant on the vertigo Tour!!!
  3. i also think bullet the blue sky is overrated... i dunno how it gets played so much on their live set....
  4. Originally posted by colbourne25i also think bullet the blue sky is overrated... i dunno how it gets played so much on their live set....

Well, that's what I always thought too. But now I see the beaty in this song. Just watch the Boston 2001 version and you will notice this song isn't really overrated. Bono's speech is amazing, as is Edge's solo.
  5. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy[..]

as is Edge's solo.

Well, listen to ZOOTV Sydney. Best "Bullet" solo ever.
  6. Originally posted by zooTV4all[..]

Well, listen to ZOOTV Sydney. Best "Bullet" solo ever.

well, I guess you're right. But the boston version is the best one, because of bono's speech
  7. Sweetest thing and party girl
  8. Originally posted by dylan The most important thing in the music of u2 it´s the intensity and passion with which they play the songs. In the last years they touch many songs without that force that had before.:
    Bad -Joshua tree tour-
    I still haven´t found what i´m looking for -Joshua tree tour-
    Mysterious ways -Zoo tv tour-
    Where the streets have no name -Joshua tree,Zoo tv tour-
    All the songs have had its moment, and now some songs don´t seem so good

Mysterious Ways had a serious comeback during the Vertigo Tour; it sounded better than it did at the Zoo. The guitar was more crisp, the solos were more spot-on, and it fit in so well with the setlists, much moreso than it did during Elevation.

I'll agree with you on Streets, though. That song needs an extended vacation.

Originally posted by sdking91I think doing a popmart encore for the next tour in replacement of the zootv encore would be really sweet. Or maybe even beteter, like you said, alternating from night to night. But I think they should do a popmart feature. That's a great idea. Bring back Pop!!!

It'd be great to see some of the POP tracks come back, like MoFo, Last Night On Earth, and Wake Up Dead Man (I'd love to see Holy Joe, but it'll never happen), but it'd be better to integrate them into the normal setlist like the rest of the tracks they play.

The ZooTV encore during Vertigo was great and all, but it seemed like the band was trying to play up former greatness by using the all-Zoo setlist for the encore. I'd rather have seen Zoo Station followed by Love and Peace or Else than by The Fly.
  9. Stuck in a Moment. Never understood why it was a single. Not a fan.
  10. Where The Streets Have No Name.
    I simply can't understand why so many fans like this song so much.
  11. One, no doubt about that
  12. I dunno bout this topic...evey time I go 'what's so great about THAT' with a big U2 song, weeks/months/years later I'll hear it and just GET it. Stuck in a Moment, Desire, Like a Song...works everytime. It's happened for all the big ones and so I just accept that the U2 songs I don't like I will eventually

As of this day though, haven't figured out what all the fuss is about over Ultraviolet....