1. * See above and below for men who dont cry and post the worst u2 song ever *
  2. Originally posted by dieder:Streets. Bad. Ultraviolet. With or Without You. Walk On. One. Moment of Surrender.

Magnificent, the first time I heard it

all the same songs for me including All iwant is you !

3. same goes for me. I don't know what it is about this song played live, but it brings tears to my eyes every time again and again.

I've never cried when listenening to WOWY, though. It doesn't touch me like that.

Walk On has seen me cry countless times, for several reasons, it's a special song for me. Makes me cry like a baby. Even when played live. I stood in the 360 crowd and cried, I admit it.

Kite brings me to tears when I'm sad, too. Also Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own.

Tomorrow -- when I heard it for the first time I cried my soul out. The tears still come when I listen to it in a sad situation.

One... no matter if live or album, recorded or with me being right there, it tears me up. Such a powerful song.
  4. ooops i forgot kite ...
    walk on is also special to me it was the single when my wife was pregnat of our twins
    an has to stay in hospital for about three months and i was alone with our oldest daughter
    this song Walk On helped me thru this heavy period ...because there was a change my youngest daugther could die because her brother was picking all the food from here because the navel-string of her didn't worked as it should be ...but hey she is now 8 years old and i am happy VERY happy with here !!!
    sweetest thing was the single when my oldest daughter was born ...and she is the sweetest thing for me and my son is a ragamuffin

5. I should make it clear I've only seemed them live once, but even on DVDs and whatnot the live version of Streets just sounds so special.
  6. several U2 songs actually, I'm not ashamed to say.

especially:

Please ("........ but looooove is not what your thinking of......." shivers!)
    Acrobat (Larry's drumming does the trick!)
    One tree Hill (" and when it's raining......."

Because of their utter brilliance...
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Too many. I'm that kind of cheesy, teary boy who tends to associate every good and bad thing in his life to a song, many times U2 related.

Ah, the same:

Bad
    With or Without You
    All I Want is You (PopMart, Never Tear Us Apart snippets)
    One- just BARELY, and only this year
    Acrobat
  8. Cryed during I Still Haven't Found during last Paris gig, but they have a lot of songs that could make me cry, depending on the situation...
  9. So you guys also cry because of happiness (at a live show for instance) and not only because your sad or something. I never had that, i mean: i have never cried because i was happy (only when i get the giggles and start crying ).
    Aaaah, maybe at the next live show.... (come to Amsterdam please! , then i definitely go for the GA)
  10. Tears run down my face when Bono sings "Miss Sarajevo" at the Concert in Frankfurt 10.08.2010.
    Incredible
    Amazing
    Wonderful
  11. Streets, Miss Sarajevo, Bad (Live), One, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (especially Live, the "When I siiiiiing" part), Miracle Drug (Edge's solo + bridge), sometimes WOWY, UV, Acrobat...
  12. One Tree Hill. U2 dedicated that song to Greg Caroll, one of their roadies who died in a motorcycle accident in 1986. One of my friends died in a motorcycle accident in 1988, only 22 years old. So after that, the song brought back memories of my friend and always made me cry.

Normally I don't cry during concerts, but when I'm all tired after a long day in the queue strange things can happen. Last time this happened was in Helsinki, I all of a sudden found myself crying during In A Little While. I don't particularly love this song, but all of a sudden tears came streaming out and I couldn't stop myself.

Then a bit later, Bono asks the crowd "when was the last time you cried?" and I turn to my friend to shout "Just now, during in a little while" and I see her face covered in tears as well...