1. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

Night two was noticeably smaller, but from where I was (in Red Zone) I couldn't tell the difference. I actually felt night 2 crowd more than made up for the smaller number. They gave the band some really good ovations throughout the night and the band were clearly appreciative of this.

For those who attended both nights, I'm interested to get people opinions on which was the better show. Even with the shorter setlist, I thought night 2 lost nothing and I had a better overall experience although I was in a much better spot.

I thought the 2nd night was better, just slightly. Not just because we had such awesome positions (best I've ever had) but the setlist was so good and the crowd energy was fantastic.
  2. Originally posted by aussiemofo:For those who attended both nights, I'm interested to get people opinions on which was the better show. Even with the shorter setlist, I thought night 2 lost nothing and I had a better overall experience although I was in a much better spot.

I thought they were on about par with each other. For me the 2nd night had the better setlist particularly the 8min version of Bad but on the flipside they seemed a little rushed at times vs 1st night which just seemed to have a little more banter with the crowd and within the band.

Has anyone worked out what was wrong with Bono yet on the 2nd night - ie what was the towel about? I was worried at one stage it might have been a heat pack.

Can't wait for Monday night in Sydney. Haven't seen them there since Pop.

3. Originally posted by Maquaman:[..]

I thought they were on about par with each other. For me the 2nd night had the better setlist particularly the 8min version of Bad but on the flipside they seemed a little rushed at times vs 1st night which just seemed to have a little more banter with the crowd and within the band.

Has anyone worked out what was wrong with Bono yet on the 2nd night - ie what was the towel about? I was worried at one stage it might have been a heat pack.

Can't wait for Monday night in Sydney. Haven't seen them there since Pop.

I thought the towel was probably to cool him off. It's an old stage trick to wring out a towel in ice water (or use an icepack) and put it on the back of your neck when working in very hot conditions and/or heavy costumes. It was brutally hot in the front row; I can't imagine how hot it was under the lights.
  4. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

Also about the overall show I couldn't help but think of this as their "retirement" tour. I know these are bad thoughts to have but there was a lot of their old "home video" footage played out especially during One and Streets - very nostalgic and the setlist was more a greatest hits run down than an album focussed performance.

I suppose if you add another four or five years which is roughly the gap between Aussie tours they are going to be in their mid-50's. I do hope they return at least once though.

thats a scary thought. i would like to think that if the thought of retirement was in the back of their minds then they woulda made the trip to adelaide. Also, at the end of the hamish and andy thing, bono said "cya soon sydney, brisbane and perth. adelaide, we miss you too. cya next time though" im hoping that last sentence comes true
  5. Originally posted by aussiemofo:[..]

Night two was noticeably smaller, but from where I was (in Red Zone) I couldn't tell the difference. I actually felt night 2 crowd more than made up for the smaller number. They gave the band some really good ovations throughout the night and the band were clearly appreciative of this.

For those who attended both nights, I'm interested to get people opinions on which was the better show. Even with the shorter setlist, I thought night 2 lost nothing and I had a better overall experience although I was in a much better spot.

Also about the overall show I couldn't help but think of this as their "retirement" tour. I know these are bad thoughts to have but there was a lot of their old "home video" footage played out especially during One and Streets - very nostalgic and the setlist was more a greatest hits run down than an album focussed performance.

I suppose if you add another four or five years which is roughly the gap between Aussie tours they are going to be in their mid-50's. I do hope they return at least once though.

I agree.

This feeling of "retirement" and the gaps between tours in Australia had me thinking too. It gave me another reason for seeing a show or two this tour. It is terrible if this IS their last tour of Australia, but we have to be realistic. Maybe it rests on how successful the next album is? Or whether they have a huge stage show next time around etc etc. Who knows with THIS band?

6. I love this song, and this is a great version of it
  7. Love the snippets. In My Life is a very special song and I thank Bono for letting some lines of it slip into Bad.

PS. Edge's delay is COMPLETELY out of tempo/rhythm in the first seconds. Funny to hear
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:Love the snippets. In My Life is a very special song and I thank Bono for letting some lines of it slip into Bad.

PS. Edge's delay is COMPLETELY out of tempo/rhythm in the first seconds. Funny to hear

A lot of the diehards in my section were very happy with this and it was such a special rendition of it. I can die happy now!
  9. For anyone that wants a "behind the scenes" view of the band entering the arena here is a video from Brisbane #2 (9 Dec) shot from behind the stage from Space Oddity through to Stingray.

10. Two years ago today..
  11. Not that I went to this particular show (I did Melbourne) but two years since 360 Australia. Wow how time does go.
  12. you were one the "lucky" ones who attended the blasfemy .. jayz on ..., weren't you?