1. You both will enjoy them if you finally attend a show. They're top notch, as musicians and performers, and they're also really friendly blokes. They signed my copy of their -excellent&recommended- last album and the sign I carried to their concert, and I took a photo with one of them (the most famous and recognisable of them, Munaf Rayani, which was also the very only one to speak during the concert, in a very special Spanish style):

Seriously: TOP NOTCH
  2. I love them to pieces ♥

Just learnt they're about to release a new album AND a small UK&Eire spring tour was announced the day before yesterday. I could POSSIBLY make it to Dublin, probably buying tickets tomorrow when I get paid, and see if I can or can not attend later - which seems to be my fate lately. If they come to Madrid I might even attend both shows - these guys deserve the extra effort! Plus, their tickets are still cheap (around 25 bucks)!

3. I saw this announcement the other day via their Twitter. I might go to the Manchester show.
  4. Cannot recommend them enough, Tim. You'll agree with me when you see them. A £25 ticket doesn't go nowhere near what they deliver. Strange wording for what I want to express but hey.
  5. Thank you!
    New album by EITS in 6 weeks, can't wait!
  6. Not really excited by The Wilderness, their new album. It has its moments but on first listen nothing has really struck any chord with me - unlike all previous albums, where I immediately loved at least one or two of the songs. Their recognisable melodies are nowhere to be found, and when they're there (Colors In Space), the song doesn't explode in typical EITS epicness; too many prominence and sonic treatment on the drums and a little more "Mogwai feel" overall, which is not bad in itself, but it somehow misses EITS' scent.

Let's see how it evolves on subsequent listens.
  7. This Glastonbury set is really good so far amazing.

Edit: WOW
  8. I'm sure they still kick ass live Will watch the Glasto set when someone uploads it.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:I realize I haven't written here since days before the show!! Oh well, I don't have much time so I won't go into a lot of detail, I will just copy the description from the video I've already uploaded onto YT:

One of the greatest concerts I've been to. These guys really KNOW how to pull out a tremendous show, full of energy and nailed performances. All their songs sounded really similar to their albums, but also very different, with a strong live feeling. They really nailed it.

I was lucky enough to film the whole show... The security men on the first row were turning people's recorgings down, and I escaped them all throughout the concert! :-)

The full setlist was:

The Only Moment We Were Alone
    Last Known Surroundings
    Catastrophe and the Cure
    Postcard From 1952
    Greet Death
    Yasmin the Light
    The Birth and Death of the Day
    Your Hand in Mine
    Let Me Back In

Due to Youtube limitations, I can't upload it all in one big file -as I recorded it-, so I have to re-encode it in separate songs. That means a loss of quality and an inconvenience for watching, but there's simply no other way... If Youtube allows me someday to upload 2 hours videos, I will upload it in full ;-)

ENJOY! Thanks for watching!!

[YouTube Video]

5 years since I saw the guys live I was also the first concert I ever taped so it holds a very special place in my heart.

Full concert playlist: