1. Pretty much depends on contractual obligations, if it’s true and a new deal with live nation has been agreed, then I believe 2021/2 is as long as they will allow before live nation expect to cash in on a tour, that leaves either AB, Greatest Hits or a new album to tour, most likely 2022 with a new album, 360 (last leg) and E&I tour were heavy with AB songs, and I think it’s a diehards dream for an AB tour, not so sure it would appeal like TJT to the masses. If the year haven’t signed up, I’d expect an indefinite period of inactivity, I don’t believe they have any plans, not heard them talking up any sort of future plans, releases etc, i was a Dublin 4 last night, and in my heart of hearts I can’t see anything in the future, the show for me felt like the end of the story, hope I’m wrong and all 4 get the album rush after a well earned 12 months or so under the radar.
  2. Just think of the promotion tag...

U2022

Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    I can see a 2021 Achtung Baby re-re-release as reasonable, but they won't tour it. Then again, AB was the only re-release that included a real wealth of new material, so maybe not...

I'm still not so sure U2 won't tour Australia and Asia in the spring next year - a 3 or 4 cities in Australia, one in NZ, maybe 1-3 in Asia... that's probably two dozen shows and two months-two and a half months max, and maybe less than that if they skimp - if they take the whole of winter (rest of November - start of March) off, that's a decent break, then they could start their serious, long, well-deserved rest.

I agree that they'll be back though - I think a new album in 2021 would be pushing it, but 2022 would be reasonable - even likely I think. They'll definitely record a lot during that gap - my wish is that they'd just release some of it! It doesn't have to be an album - just put out an EP, 3-6 tracks, that you like but you're not sure will become anything more, or fit the vibe you're heading in to... it's not that difficult...
  3. As a backing I agree, lyrics wise it’s a bit.... hummmm
  4. A bit random question here but I remember seeing a clip here of an interview with Edge and Larry (NLOTH era I think) when the interviewer asks Edge and Larry about Songs of Ascent (which Bono talked about in 2009) and then you can just see Larry getting visibly upset that Bono talked about it...does someone know the fragment?
  5. Originally posted by RememberEveryMoment:A bit random question here but I remember seeing a clip here of an interview with Edge and Larry (NLOTH era I think) when the interviewer asks Edge and Larry about Songs of Ascent (which Bono talked about in 2009) and then you can just see Larry getting visibly upset that Bono talked about it...does someone know the fragment?
    Yeah, I remember this seen it from years ago in YT and it was awesome, when they not to planning the retirement, then please let release this album in a few years later.
  6. My view is over the next couple of years releases of live material a couple of DVD's maybe then possibly one final new album and a tour probably 2021/22. I dont think they will ever announce the end just do less and less live shows.Thats my hope anyway
  7. Originally posted by andyuk36:My view is over the next couple of years releases of live material a couple of DVD's maybe then possibly one final new album and a tour probably 2021/22. I dont think they will ever announce the end just do less and less live shows.Thats my hope anyway
    I could totally see this happening. I don’t see the band just saying “Yep this will be our last show” and then disappearing. Bono’s megalomania wouldn’t allow it
  8. We have been so lucky with this era 2014/2018, 3 tours and 2 albums in this time. Think we will now have a quiet period like after the other major tours in 93, 98, 01, 06, 10 with a compilation, couple of guest appearances at charity events and maybe a film song.
  9. For the time being I think everyone has had their fill. The last few years have been great in terms of tours, new music, reissues etc but saturation point can't be far off. Definitely time for everyone to have a rest.
  10. i think that many ideas from SOA are now on SOI and SOE. i'm pessimist about a new AB tour, to me, if the band decides to stop right now, I conclude that E+I was a good farewell tour but I do not hide my desire to see them in South America as soon as possible.
  11. Originally posted by hedyzera:i think that many ideas from SOA are now on SOI and SOE. i'm pessimist about a new AB tour, to me, if the band decides to stop, I conclude that this was a good farewell tour but I do not hide my desire to see them in South America as soon as possible.
    I think Europe is getting the "e/i - AB" tour right now.