1. Good points all around. Completely forgot about the Little Things from Rome 2017 (it was a lame inclusion, that's why my brain probably ignored it) and Cape Town. I would have swore Salt Lake City was an IEM/ALD, thanks for bringing it up. It's an excellent show and I'm gonna revisit it now
  2. The other little things was from Seattle, that was the one streamed on U2.com. No worries hope you enjoy revisiting it.
  3. It's a scary thought that we are now (roughly) as far from the Vertigo tour as the Vertigo tour was from Lovetown
  4. Further away in fact, that is a bit crazy to try and comprehend. Same as the fact there’s less time between Boy and AB as there is between AB and HTDAAB. Just doesn’t seem right.
    Edit: just to correct myself from the end of Lovetown to start of vertigo is slightly less time than the end of vertigo to now, not much in it at all at this point.
  5. in 'Songs of Innocence', from 'Iris' to 'Cedarwood Road' Bono's grief over his loss (Iris [Hold Me Close]), his anger (Volcano, Raised By Wolves) and culminates in resolution (Cedarwood Road) .
  6. wake up dead man is bono talking to jesus during his drugs period in berlin and all the critics received between zooropa and his problem accepting that he’s a rockstar and at the same time he’s talking to the bono before the 90’s
  7. Upon seeing the A Very Special Evening with U2 I was thinking of the Roxy 15 and Apollo 18 shows. Even though the Apollo was much longer and less "improvised", I think they're quite comparable in the sense that they were both special concerts in the middle of a leg and in much smaller venues than usual. It's interesting to see which songs they played at both shows:

The Ocean
    11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    I Will Follow
    The Electric Co.

Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    Sunday Bloody Sunday
    Out Of Control
    Vertigo
    Song for Someone
    California (There is no End to Love)

I Will Follow
    The Electric Co.

Out Of Control
    Red Flag Day
    All Because Of You
    Vertigo
    Elevation

Beautiful Day
    Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    American Soul
    Angel Of Harlem
    Desire
    When Love Comes To Town
    Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
    Every Breaking Wave
    Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
    Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way

So IWF, OOC, Electric Co, (3 from Boy) Elevation, BD, Stuck (3 from ATYCLB) and Vertigo (1 from HTDAAB).

It's also surprising that Achtung Baby got only one setlist spot out of the 30

8. They aren't true rock songs though and they feature a lot of effects so I can see why they don't get taken out. The 80s music and the songs from ATYCLB and Bomb are definitely suited to those sorts of venues. 90s and No Line on not so. Plus the 80s stuff would blow the roof off in those small spaces
  9. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

They aren't true rock songs though and they feature a lot of effects so I can see why they don't get taken out. The 80s music and the songs from ATYCLB and Bomb are definitely suited to those sorts of venues. 90s and No Line on not so. Plus the 80s stuff would blow the roof off in those small spaces
    The Fly and UTEOTW would have fit both concerts like a glove imho, and both are arguably among their best live songs ever. UTEOTW and MW were both played at the equivalent Irving Plaza and Astoria shows during the ATYCLB promo mini tour.
  10. I think AB would actually work very well in a more intimate setting. They have played 5 of the album at these smaller venues UTEOTW, MW, One, Real Thing and wild horses. Don’t think they’ve tried the rest in a more intimate setting but I could be wrong.
  11. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]

They aren't true rock songs though and they feature a lot of effects so I can see why they don't get taken out. The 80s music and the songs from ATYCLB and Bomb are definitely suited to those sorts of venues. 90s and No Line on not so. Plus the 80s stuff would blow the roof off in those small spaces
    Lol yeah TRUE rock and roll songs like Miracle Drug, Wild Honey, and Stuck in a Moment, etc. hahahahahhaha
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:I think AB would actually work very well in a more intimate setting. They have played 5 of the album at these smaller venues UTEOTW, MW, One, Real Thing and wild horses. Don’t think they’ve tried the rest in a more intimate setting but I could be wrong.
    Ultraviolet at SNL 2009

I do agree that AB works well in more intimate settings - even the more rock songs of it. Much better than their grandiloquent, stadium-oriented stuff from the 80s and 00s (bar NLOTH).