1. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Bullet was on Jimmy Fallon in 2017. They also played “Best Thing” that night, which sounded like a little bitch next to Bullet!

They absolutely crushed it at those Letterman performances when NLOTH came out! I remember thinking Crazy Tonight was gonna be a good live song... nobody could have predicted it’s future...
    Crazy Tonight it's a bad music song scattered in all directions. we feel that they tried to make a song with bits of other songs!
    a lot of words and very few emotions !
    I think we will never listen to it again! like Breathe !
  2. Mi favorite songs are:
    * No line on the horizon
    * Unknown caller
    * I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
  3. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Bullet was on Jimmy Fallon in 2017. They also played “Best Thing” that night, which sounded like a little bitch next to Bullet!

They absolutely crushed it at those Letterman performances when NLOTH came out! I remember thinking Crazy Tonight was gonna be a good live song... nobody could have predicted it’s future...
    Yes they did crush those.. He's hitting high B's like it's nothing, and the band sounds "effortlessly tight"..

I love the Fordham University gig as well from that period. Same insane energy but then at 9AM...
  4. In the last few months I’ve listened to the album a bit more than usual and liked it more than I thought i would. Probably the most I’ve enjoyed it since after 360. Here’s how I would rate it at the moment

1. NLOTH. 8/10
    2. Magnificent 9/10
    3. Moment Of Surrender 9.5/10
    4. Unknown Caller 8/10
    5. I’ll go crazy. 6.5/10
    6. Boots. 1/10
    7. Stand Up Comedy 7.5/10
    8. Fez-Being Born 8/10
    9. White As Snow. 8/10
    10. Breathe. 10/10
    11. COL. 4/10

Take out boots and COL and put in winter which I’d give an 8/10 and the album would be much better as a whole.
  5. I'll jump on board this thread. An album that was released while i was at University so it gives me some fond memories.

1. No Line On The Horizon - 7/10
    2. Magnificent - 8/10
    3. Moment of Surrender - 8/10
    4. Unknown Caller - 9/10
    5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Crazy Tonight - 7/10 (Live version: 7/10 - absolutely hated it when they were touring with it, but it has grown on me in recent years)
    6. Get On Your Boots - 6/10
    7. Stand Up Comedy - 4/10
    8. Fez-Being Born - 8/10
    9. White As Snow - 8/10
    10. Breathe - 9/10
    11. Cedars Of Lebanon - 8/10

Overall (average) - 7.5/10

Winter - 9/10 - should've been on the album
    Soon - 9/10 - should've been on the album
  6. One thing I’ve noticed just since the idea of taking songs out has came up a few u2 albums could really become so much better as a whole with a few subtle changes. I won’t go into specifics to take us away from the NLOTH topic too much but between b sides, unreleased stuff and even just removing songs there’s albums that could really be improved.
  7. What’s wrong with Boots? Quite liked it at the time, sounds like Vertigo. Video was great.

I bought the special cd at the time and the Linear video version had a better track order, prefer that over the cd version.

Think the album was overproduced (like all albums after ‘90’s)
  8. I've never understood why Stand Up Comedy didn't take off (quite liked it, feel it could have been a rocker) and I've always felt Crazy album version was grossly under-appreciated. When I first heard it I was like "Ah, there's U2".
  9. Has anyone commented on the similar bass-lines between White As Snow and The Ocean?
  10. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:I've never understood why Stand Up Comedy didn't take off (quite liked it, feel it could have been a rocker) and I've always felt Crazy album version was grossly under-appreciated. When I first heard it I was like "Ah, there's U2".
    I love this! Very underrated.
  11. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:I've never understood why Stand Up Comedy didn't take off (quite liked it, feel it could have been a rocker) and I've always felt Crazy album version was grossly under-appreciated. When I first heard it I was like "Ah, there's U2".
    I think part of the problem with those two songs (and Boots) is their awkward placement in the middle of an album which should have leaned more into the Moroccan-inspired, ambient music they initially planned on making. I'm with you that I think SUC is a great rocker and that the album version of Crazy Tonight has a certain classic U2 charm to it, but they just don't make sense on NLOTH. Like others have said, swap those out for songs like Winter and Soon and the album improves dramatically.
  12. The album suffered from sequencing issues.