1. HAHAHAHA I didn't realize that was on U2's official youtube!
  2. I'll die believing that the best version of this is the Linear version. NLOTH could have been their best album, it's in there somewhere. Hoping Songs of Ascent takes the title.
  3. SOA is probably at least half an album of songs already released in some form and just new mixes. Soon was already mentioned as a song of ascent on the audiobook for surrender, mercy hasn’t had a studio release, North Star is still to be released, I wouldn’t even write off winter being on there and I’m sure Smile was mentioned as well recently.
  4. Originally posted by Unodostres123:[..]
    It was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Breathe and boots definitely better live, couldn’t stand the I’ll go crazy remix and live Bono wasn’t vocally great when they tried to replicate the album version so it was best in studio. Magnificent was better in studio although edges solo’s were nice live, same with moment of surrender better in studio but edge bringing a better live solo. Unknown caller was definitely a better studio track as well, no line on the horizon probably about equal live and in studio but not the dreadful acoustic version.

Dude, you gotta check out Crazy from Fordham University in 2009. Bono does the bridge section almost better than the studio.
  5. We were talking about Crazy recently,a few on here said it was the best part of 360,it deffo added something to the show just not my bag,Larry coming down is always cool though.
    Stand Up Comedy should've been at least tried on the b-stage.
    Breathe I do like but it was missing something as an opener,I loved how Larry entered the arena first to Soon to kick things off.
  6. Originally posted by kezman:We were talking about Crazy recently,a few on here said it was the best part of 360,it deffo added something to the show just not my bag,Larry coming down is always cool though.
    Stand Up Comedy should've been at least tried on the b-stage.
    Breathe I do like but it was missing something as an opener,I loved how Larry entered the arena first to Soon to kick things off.
    What b-stage on the 360° Tour?
  7. Ha It was supposed to say I'd have liked to have seen SUC on a b-stage,similar to ZOO TV deep amongst the fans.
  8. Originally posted by Lukinator:[..]

Dude, you gotta check out Crazy from Fordham University in 2009. Bono does the bridge section almost better than the studio.
    I’ve heard it before but put it on again there just to have it fresh in my mind and it just sounds like a lot of shouting and overstretching from Bono at various parts of the song as well as struggling to hit a few notes in general. Pushing to the limits is good when you get results like Kite at Slane but I don’t think it’s a good listen with I’ll go crazy, I’d rather stick on the album version. The pre tour versions are a million times better than the remix version they did on 360 though. The band would have been as well playing spice up your life and it wouldn’t have been as embarrassing.
  9. I’ve grown to appreciate this album much more than when I first heard it, but still don’t care for it all that much. Album NLotH is really flat sounding, though I appreciate the remix on the deluxe edition. Magnificent is very generic and forgettable too - the only version I’ve ever enjoyed of it was the one from the SoI tour. Moment of Surrender is great. Unknown Caller is awful. Crazy Tonight is fine - I think I like the remix better but the album version is one of the better songs on the disc. Get on Your Boots made me question being a U2 fan. Fish Out of Water remix is good though. I constantly forget SUC exists. Fez is also great - probably my second favorite track behind MoS. White as Snow is a fine listen, Breathe is okay I suppose (terrible opener though), and then I enjoy Cedars of Lebanon.
  10. Originally posted by Unodostres123:[..]
    I’ve heard it before but put it on again there just to have it fresh in my mind and it just sounds like a lot of shouting and overstretching from Bono at various parts of the song as well as struggling to hit a few notes in general. Pushing to the limits is good when you get results like Kite at Slane but I don’t think it’s a good listen with I’ll go crazy, I’d rather stick on the album version. The pre tour versions are a million times better than the remix version they did on 360 though. The band would have been as well playing spice up your life and it wouldn’t have been as embarrassing.
    Always thought that for Crazy that Letterman performance was pretty epic, he pushes his limits there too but as a performance it has a great vibe. It's weirdly enough removed from Youtube
  11. Can any of you perhaps send me a PM with the downloads of the remastered version of the album? Would love to hear the difference with the normal version :-) Thnx in advance!
  12. Originally posted by wgjvvenrooij:Can any of you perhaps send me a PM with the downloads of the remastered version of the album? Would love to hear the difference with the normal version :-) Thnx in advance!
    Looks like it's available on Amazon