1. NLOTH has some terrible Bono vocals on it.

2008/2009 was not a good period for Bono's voice.
  2. I remember thinking his voice sounded really odd on NLOTH itself (I didn't even think it was Bono at first) but I remember being very impressed with the vocals on the other songs. Breathe, Magnificent, MOS and Crazy Tonight are all excellent showcases for him.

That being said...I haven't listened to any of those songs for a long time now.
  3. I also thought at the time, but today i see that the voice in that period is awesome (moment of surrender is a great example), compared to I+E Tour, the bono's voice is very good in 2009. (the peak is on elevation tour)
  4. Stand Up Comedy might be my least favorite U2 song. Neck and neck with Wild Honey.
  5. This album is truly just all over the place. It has some great highs but also the lowest lows.
  6. The tracklist of NLOTH is strange composed. first 3 songs very good, than 3/4 average to worse songs. And then ending with 4 good/very good songs.
  7. incohesive af
  8. Only works with the Linear tracklist IMO
  9. I love NLOTH. I hated HTDAAB, I found it overwrought, formulaic and just tired (seeing two shows where they appeared to be going through the motions in 2005 didn't help matters).

NLOTH brought back some willingness to try new things and not an attempt to write Vertigo pt. 2.
  10. I dunno, Boots was always Vertigo Pt. 2 in my mind. Of course, Vertigo was just Elevation Pt. 2 in my mind, too.
  11. I love Stand Up Comedy. Always wished they played it live.
  12. There's a good song in there somewhere, but it sure aint the one on the record (to these ears)

To each their own! Different strokes for different folks.