1. Breathe. It just felt right as an opener. It had the build up.
  2. Breathe.

period.
  3. And if one day a show starts like this:

" Sometimes I feel I don't know,
    Sometimes I feel like checkin' out,
    I wanna get it wrong, can't always be strong, and this love it won't be long " ...
  4. Emottionally I'm obviously attached to Breathe as it was an awesome experience in Barcelona, seeing the liftoff of an awesome tour with that song was something I'll never ever forget. But musically, I think that it lacked something. Something that no opener from this tour has had so far: the ability to completely get the audience into the show.

I will vote Breathe just for the sake of the emotional side of my thinking, not because i think it was actually a good opener.
  5. i connect emotionally with breathe too as it opened the shows i saw but i voted for EBTTRT simply because it LOOKED like a gig opener should with the crazy light show etc. i'd probably prefer it if they'd just played the original version though..

stingray is really good but the fact it was followed by beautiful day just ruined it. i'd like to see BD come last in this poll
  6. Originally posted by ric:i voted for EBTTRT simply because it LOOKED like a gig opener should with the crazy light show etc. i'd probably prefer it if they played the original version though..

Light show means nothing when opening in daylight though ala Europe in the summer.

It's good that they are at least trying out new openers every now and again.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Light show means nothing when opening in daylight though ala Europe in the summer.

It's good that they are at least trying out new openers every now and again.

yeah maybe i slightly wrongly misinterpreted the question as i chose EBTTRT as it was the best looking opening song of the tour..

maybe i wouldn't have chosen it if had opened shows in daylight and i wasn't still enjoying the novelty of it's return?

yeah i should've picked breathe shouldn't i......

8. +2. The build-up with the Perfecto mix with EBTTRT is awesome though, which I guess tips my vote in favor of that.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:

I will vote Breathe just for the sake of the emotional side of my thinking, not because i think it was actually a good opener.

Exactly what I was going for when I made the comment about how I wished there was more options to choose from.

10. I wished not. I wished they had found the perfect opener from the first show of the tour.
  11. Breathe. I was going to say EBTTRT, but I reckon much of that is coming from the hype of seeing it return. Breathe was awesome, and should still be in the shakeup as far as I'm concerned. Beautiful Day is not an opener at all, Magnificent was a cool experiment, not overly fussed by Stingray. Surprised GOYB wasn't included, seeing as it opened in Pasadena...

12. yeah nailed the problem with Breathe when he described the "Breathe-syndrome", but I voted for it anyway.