1. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Breathe. I was going to say EBTTRT, but I reckon much of that is coming from the hype of seeing it return. Breathe was awesome, and should still be in the shakeup as far as I'm concerned. Beautiful Day is not an opener at all, Magnificent was a cool experiment, not overly fussed by Stingray. Surprised GOYB wasn't included, seeing as it opened in Pasadena...

It didn't open in Pasadena. Breathe was the opener of that concert, but the DVD excluded it.

I think Boots would work well as an opener, though.
  2. it was said a lot back in 2009 but i'll say it again:

NLOTH should've been the opener....

just listened to sheffield and still can't actually believe they've put that song to bed - second best song on the album IMO and absolutely rocking live!

hopefully they'll have an epiphany and bring it back....
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991:It didn't open in Pasadena. Breathe was the opener of that concert, but the DVD excluded it.

I think Boots would work well as an opener, though.

Lol, I know mate, I was having my own little dig at the U2 Cut & Paste department, hence the smiley - just my own little joke y'see
  4. Stingray. Love how weird yet awesome it is.
  5. Stingray was amazing in Melbourne but i think i woulda rathered see EBTTRT open
  6. Had to go with Breathe...I'm so happy they (finally) brought bad EBTTRT but U2 (until recently) has always been about opening their shows with a song from the album they are promoting. I suppose one could argue that they are no longer "promoting" NLOTH.

For the record, opening with BD is what I would consider to be whimping out.
  7. Have to go for Breathe, 100%.

I've heard Even Better Than The Real Thing on a bootleg and it's just not right. Keep it by all means but place it further on in the set. Stingray was just too repetitive and boring for my liking. Breathe however had a good build up and set the momentum of the beginning part of the show nicely. I'd happily take Breathe back.

Only time Beautiful Day should make a return to the opening slot is if it was performed like it was at the Joyce Center during the Elevation Tour...
  8. I always want to ask, are there people actually at the show who are standing there with the opening chords ringing out who are seriously unhappy with whatever song they're hearing? Really? Not in the sense of preferring one opener over another, but actively unhappy with what they're hearing at the time?
  9. stingray
  10. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:I always want to ask, are there people actually at the show who are standing there with the opening chords ringing out who are seriously unhappy with whatever song they're hearing? Really? Not in the sense of preferring one opener over another, but actively unhappy with what they're hearing at the time?

no.
  11. I liked Breathe as the opening song, but I've only heard it on the bootlegs. As I was there when they played EBTTRT, I chose this one.
  12. Originally posted by sonia_lastrega:I always want to ask, are there people actually at the show who are standing there with the opening chords ringing out who are seriously unhappy with whatever song they're hearing? Really? Not in the sense of preferring one opener over another, but actively unhappy with what they're hearing at the time?

Doubt it, the could open with Jingle Bells for all I care. Case of being lost in the moment. I'd happily hear any of the songs listed as the opener but personally, the best one for me this tour has been Breathe.