1. For New York

2. one of my favorite songs of U2 !!!
  3. Foo Fighters: Next Year

4. John Prine
  5. I was torn but it hit me yesterday. It sounded bland on the first listen. Then a little better. Now I can’t stop listening. I have different melodies, bass lines, synth lines and guitar parts stuck in my head from this album.
  6. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I was torn but it hit me yesterday. It sounded bland on the first listen. Then a little better. Now I can’t stop listening. I have different melodies, bass lines, synth lines and guitar parts stuck in my head from this album.
    It's completely different and at the same time it's exactly what I could see them doing after the previous 2 albums. That's bad and good at the same time. There are nice ideas in there but at times it sounds as if they (specifically Julian) couldn't be arsed - and ripping off 80s melodies (whether with or without crediting them) doesn't help either... Don't know. I hope it clicks with me soon as it did with you. Maybe I just have to think of it as someone else's album (same I did with Arctic Monkeys' last - I only started appreciating it when I thought of it as an album by some other band).