1. Originally posted by U2Freak999:Performance was good. The setlist ok (just wondering that they didn't kick out the terrible "Boots" ). But I was verry happy that they didn't play the "Crazy" Remix.

+1

I voted for Amazing!! yes there were some minor errors here and there but that adds to the realism of it... they are only human after all
  2. Amazing. Agree with Germ it wasn't mindblowing, it would have been if they didn't need to do this show in between two 360 shows with thousands of miles to travel.
  3. I still haven´t voted, but I will vote for amazing.

They made a wise choice for a festival setlist, won the crowd over and showed everyone that they are a lot more than an average band with decent songs and an awesome stage.

The performance by the band was below average, though. Larry really messed up the drums in the intro of EBTTRT, Bad was weird and short, Streets intro started a bit off and the last solo in The Fly was weird. They seemed a little nervous, but I loved Bono´s energy and the face on face thing with Adam in one of the songs, it was very brotherly!

I think I explained it very well!
  4. Originally posted by NLOTH_Victor:I still haven´t voted, but I will vote for amazing.

They made a wise choice for a festival setlist, won the crowd over and showed everyone that they are a lot more than an average band with decent songs and an awesome stage.

The performance by the band was below average, though. Larry really messed up the drums in the intro of EBTTRT, Bad was weird and short, Streets intro started a bit off and the last solo in The Fly was weird. They seemed a little nervous, but I loved Bono´s energy and the face on face thing with Adam in one of the songs, it was very brotherly!

I think I explained it very well!

Pretty much agree with all your points I was hoping for the solo at the end of The Fly And imagine if he did the slide solo at the end of Mysterious Ways!
  5. Originally posted by colbourne25:[..]

+1

I voted for Amazing!! yes there were some minor errors here and there but that adds to the realism of it... they are only human after all

nothing wrong with being human. The Edge even pointed out in the BBC interview after that it's important not to be too 'slick'. All things considered, I thought they were great and voted 'Amazing'.

Sometimes it seems like U2 can't win with either their fans or critics. I've read a post here saying that Bono seemed 'over-motivated' and also I've seen online comments from idiots saying that they thought U2 were too slick and 'greatest hitsy'. They really can't win. I reckon they can be proud of themselves and that they put in a top performance in really shitty conditions. Just remember that they are human after all.
  6. I went with amazing but very good would be more appropriate. I agree with Gerard.

I was pleased, it was better than I hoped. Bono looked really in to it and I think that showed in eg WOWY which was the best it's been since ZooTV as far as I'm concerned. Also One.

However, EBTTRT didn't work as a Glasto opener and Streets was randomly placed and the butchered Jerusalem hindered the energy going into the song. Fly was slightly under-rehearsed but I loved the old montages.

Boots died.

OOC was a great idea.

I didn't notice Larry looking bored. Shame it rained from the point of view of Bono going around.

Coldplay are being more celebrated in the press here. But I think they did themselves justice.
  7. I voted for amazing but my real vote would be between amazing and very good.

The band did stumble a bit through out the initial songs of the show, making them sounding rather very nervious. And I don't blame them considering they haven't played a festival since their Unfortgettable Fire Tour days. But for a first time in a festival setting in years, this really was amazingly good! Edge was on fire the whole time and Bono looked like he was enjoying himself despite the neviousness. They all did really well.

The Coldplay "Yellow" snippet before MoS was a really nice touch I've gotta say!
  8. How would you rate U2's Glastonbury performance? (poll started on 2011-06-25)

Legendary, truly the greatest band in the world - 33.9%
    Amazing, one of the best - 31.8%
    Not better, not worse than their regular 360 shows - 20.2%
    I am slightly disappointed - 6.5%
    I haven't seen or heard it (yet) - 6%
    It was a disgrace, how could they do this? - 1.6%

Votes: 1161