1. Thank you both, I will youtube/spotify those tracklists when I finish my exams

A probably dumb question, but why is he nicknamed Mozz or Mozza?
  2. ^ there's no reason really, "Moz" is just short for "Morrissey". it's sort of a north of England thing, eg. people called "Jeremy" are often called "Jez" for short and so on.

i guess you could call it an affectionate nickname.
  3. Everyday Is Like Sunday
    Suedehead

4. Originally posted by wangmaster:^ there's no reason really, "Moz" is just short for "Morrissey". it's sort of a north of England thing, eg. people called "Jeremy" are often called "Jez" for short and so on.

i guess you could call it an affectionate nickname.

OK, thanks again
  5. just got back from seeing Morrissey; absolutely brilliant, i'll post a fuller insight in the morning once i've recovered.
  6. setlist:

I Want The One I Can't Have
    You're The One For Me, Fatty
    You Have Killed Me
    Shoplifters Of The World Unite
    I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
    Ouija Board, Ouija Board
    One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
    There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
    Everyday Is Like Sunday
    Action Is My Middle Name
    People Are The Same Everywhere
    Alma Matters
    Satellite of Love
    Speedway
    I Know It's Over
    Meat Is Murder
    Irish Blood, English Heart

First Of The Gang To Die
    This Charming Man

the venue was tiny, it was really intimate and he was in top form, bantering with the crowd all night.

the backing band wore "fuck fur" t shirts, and Meat Is Murder was almost tear-inducing; they showed images on a big screen behind the band from the 80s of animal cruelty in the farming industry, really powerful stuff, even moz himself turned round and got all choked up watching.

there was a power cut during IBEH, which made them leave temporarily, and when the power came back on he walked up to the microphone and simply stated "jamie oliver snuck in and cut the power... what a bastard", to riotous applause.

the highlight of the night, though, was I Know It's Over, which was a huge singalong and nice surprise addition of what is possibly (tied with Streets ) my favourite song.

7. Originally posted by wangmaster:the highlight of the night, though, was I Know It's Over, which was a huge singalong and nice surprise addition of what is possibly (tied with Streets ) my favourite song.

OK, I finally have listened to my first Morrisey song... and guess what, it was your I Know It's Over live version... I like it. Don't have much time so I will listen to just 2 or 3 more songs, but so far I'm liking what I hear!

8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    OK, I finally have listened to my first Morrisey song... and guess what, it was your I Know It's Over live version... I like it. Don't have much time so I will listen to just 2 or 3 more songs, but so far I'm liking what I hear!

It's a Smiths tune Sergio - a classic at that. The level of Smiths material in his solo set is great!

Morrissey was absolutely dynamite at Glasto.
  9. this song seems eerily relevant at the minute:

10. BUMP!

http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/63147

Morrissey has announced details of his only UK show to take place in Manchester this July.

The former Smiths' frontman will play a one-off gig at Manchester Arena on July 28. The date will be his first show in his hometown since playing the 02 Apollo Manchester in May 2009.

The singer is still searching for a record label to release his new studio album, which, despite being complete and ready to go, is still without a release date. He released his last studio album, 'Years Of Refusal', in 2009, while the compilation LP 'Very Best Of Morrissey' was put out in April 2011.

I will definitely be attending this.
  11. I'm interested.

12. the version of There Is A Light on this is astounding.