1. Great Concert.
    Last-minute roof opening maneuver was key.

I noticed that the back flap of the soundboard was open, and inside was Edge's "Monty" Folding bike that he got in South America.
    Interesting.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:
    And this time I was surrounded by a few super fans, which is always great. Guys who knew all the lyrics to the songs, knew all the little nuances that Bono puts into some of the versions of classics, it was awesome. One of the things I often think about is whether or not older U2 fans look at me and think "That kid doesn't know U2, he probably only knows new U2 and the hits" - but tonight I felt like I proved those kinds of people wrong! Three super-fans behind me were singing every word, and for the discotheque snippet I noticed they were all yelling the words, so I turned right around and sang it with them, and one of them straight up said "Good for you" and gave me a sort of impressed look.

it's always satisfying having young guys like you next to me .. it happened to me having some with a "what's that?" face during Until or Unforgettable for example

good Alex very good
  3. Originally posted by clover68:[..]

it's always satisfying having young guys like you next to me .. it happened to me having some with a "what's that?" face during Until or Unforgettable for example

good Alex very good

Really? What section were you in?
  4. Was the Teletubbies theme back?
  5. well done show, cant believe they played zooropa and scarlet, i was in front of the walking stage, and enjoyed it!!

6. GA in Turin (Until) .. seats Milan 2 (Unforgettable)
    you could easily mark cause everybody else around were singing and moving hehe
  7. Great show. Usual setlist (which was fine by me).

Here's my take on the show, if I may.

The crowd loved the EBTTRT intro but (for some strange reason) seemed to lose a bit of energy during “The Fly” – which was well-performed. Fortunately, the crowd got back up for MW but then lost it a bit during UTEOTW. Whatever it was (maybe it was because there was still some daylight left), I still enjoyed hearing that foursome of AB songs “in the flesh” immensely! “I Will Follow” was certainly a highlight. I help a relatively-young fan (teenager) hold up an Irish flag during the song. The guy was there with his dad – very nice. My son is only one, so I might not get the same chance one day. Anyway, back to the show.

“Boots” was next – good intro but also an excellent opportunity for a washroom break and get a beer. I wasn’t alone in this move. Got back during the intros before ISHFWILF (which the crowd loved but I will admit that I was hoping for AIWIY – haven’t heard that one live since 1992). “Stay” was a nice “rest” – I don’t know why everyone complains that they do it acoustically instead of as a “full-band.” I think it’s beautiful this way. Speaking of “beautiful”, B-Day was next and it got a roaring reception, as did “Elevation.” “Pride” was solid (although once again I was hoping for a minor miracle and they’d play “Bad” instead as I have still yet to hear it live). “Miss Sarajevo was nice but it had a bigger impact on me during the Vertigo Tour. Sadly, the crowd didn’t seem to be at all into “Zooropa.” I also found Bono’s vocals were difficult to hear during this song. I’m still surprised by the reception COBL gets – I never thought of it as a “popular” song. When “Vertigo” was played the crowd went nuts. Then came “Crazy” and one last beer run – I was back in time to watch/hear the “Discotheque” part of the song (I’m not sure if I am allowed to use “snippet” here).

The Irish flag from the young guy behind me came back out during SBS – which was great. “Scarlet” and “Walk On” were very good. “One” is, and will always be, a true classic – everyone was singing along to that one. No “can you hear us coming” this time around, however.

Obviously, the REAL highlight of the night for pretty much EVERYONE in the crowd was “Streets.” The place simply erupted for it. I was jumping and singing like a 38-year-old idiot for this one. If you can believe it, there were a few people around me sitting – but not for long as I reached out my hand and pulled them up out of their seats! I know some of you think that this song needs to have a break – I don’t know how on earth they could forgo “Streets.” It’s simply the greatest (live) song EVER. I’ve been to many concerts but no song has such an impact on an audience as this one. I love it.

Got to hear “Batman” for the first time – it was well-played and well-received. The crowd also loved WOWY – I suppose that came as no surprise – and Bono sings that song just fine, if you ask me. MoS was a nice finish but I was hoping for a “bonus” song a la Nashville or Chicago. Oh, well.

It’s so bittersweet now that the show has come and gone. The year-and-a-half build up to the show was excruciating. (When I bought the tickets, I had one kid and two cars. I now have two kids and one car.) The performance/setlist/crowd was awesome (I’m not biased, am I?) and now it’s...over. Now to go through those wonderful bootlegs so many of you have posted to start making a “Best of 360 compilation” – and keep my fingers crossed for a respectable (and reasonably-priced) Achtung Baby remaster.
  8. Originally posted by RUMMY:Great show. Usual setlist (which was fine by me).

Here's my take on the show, if I may.

The crowd loved the EBTTRT intro but (for some strange reason) seemed to lose a bit of energy during “The Fly” – which was well-performed. Fortunately, the crowd got back up for MW but then lost it a bit during UTEOTW. Whatever it was (maybe it was because there was still some daylight left), I still enjoyed hearing that foursome of AB songs “in the flesh” immensely! “I Will Follow” was certainly a highlight. I help a relatively-young fan (teenager) hold up an Irish flag during the song. The guy was there with his dad – very nice. My son is only one, so I might not get the same chance one day. Anyway, back to the show.

“Boots” was next – good intro but also an excellent opportunity for a washroom break and get a beer. I wasn’t alone in this move. Got back during the intros before ISHFWILF (which the crowd loved but I will admit that I was hoping for AIWIY – haven’t heard that one live since 1992). “Stay” was a nice “rest” – I don’t know why everyone complains that they do it acoustically instead of as a “full-band.” I think it’s beautiful this way. Speaking of “beautiful”, B-Day was next and it got a roaring reception, as did “Elevation.” “Pride” was solid (although once again I was hoping for a minor miracle and they’d play “Bad” instead as I have still yet to hear it live). “Miss Sarajevo was nice but it had a bigger impact on me during the Vertigo Tour. Sadly, the crowd didn’t seem to be at all into “Zooropa.” I also found Bono’s vocals were difficult to hear during this song. I’m still surprised by the reception COBL gets – I never thought of it as a “popular” song. When “Vertigo” was played the crowd went nuts. Then came “Crazy” and one last beer run – I was back in time to watch/hear the “Discotheque” part of the song (I’m not sure if I am allowed to use “snippet” here).

The Irish flag from the young guy behind me can back out during SBS – which was great. “Scarlet” and “Walk On” were very good. “One” is, and will always be, a true classic – everyone was singing along to that one. No “can you hear us coming” this time around, however.

Obviously, the REAL highlight of the night for pretty much EVERYONE in the crowd was “Streets.” The place simply erupted for it. I was jumping and singing like a 38-year-old idiot for this one. If you can believe it, there were a few people around me sitting – but not for long as I reached out my hand and pulled them up out of their seats! I know some of you think that this song needs to have a break – I don’t know how on earth they could forgo “Streets.” It’s simply the greatest (live) song EVER. I’ve been to many concerts but no song has such an impact on an audience as this one. I love it.

Got to hear “Batman” for the first time – it was well-played and well-received. The crowd also loved WOWY – I suppose that came as no surprise – and Bono sings that song just fine, if you ask me. MoS was a nice finish but I was hoping for a “bonus” song a la Nashville or Chicago. Oh, well.

It’s so bittersweet now that the show has come and gone. The year-and-a-half build up to the show was excruciating. (When I bought the tickets, I had one kid and two cars. I now have two kids and one car.) The performance/setlist/crowd was awesome (I’m not biased, am I?) and now it’s...over. Now to go through those wonderful bootlegs so many of you have posted to start making a “Best of 360 compilation” – and keep my fingers crossed for a respectable (and reasonably-priced) Achtung Baby remaster.

Great review.I feel the same way about Boots and Crazy Remix.At Montreal N1 and N2 I ran full speed ,during those 2 songs ,for the mens room (1st),then another beer (2nd).Mercy or No Line ( as far as "newer" tunes ) would work better.Boots should just be dropped.I dont understand why they keep playing it.The studio version of Crazy isnt a bad tune,and I think it would have worked better live, than this brutal remix.

I know what you mean about bittersweet.Im seein the band in Philly and NJ next,but the Montreal shows were so great and special to me.Sad its passed....
  9. Yeah, the teletubbies thing was there before COBL.

I find it to be an interesting addition, wonder who came up with it...

10. There was a link (i think in the montreal topic) where Willie said Bono & Edge came up with it (I think?) and he went with it.