1992-08-16 - Washington
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 3
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by LikeASong:I eventually got to listen to this stuff. OH GOD!!!!!!! Never been a fan of this particular Washington show but this remaster/new matrix/upgrade/whatever simply rocks. Sounds much clearer, and my previous copy was shit too Thanks a million, noiseless

And well, sorry for the autoquote, but I have a request... If someone has got this in MP3 it would be appreciated, I somehow lost it somewhere. Also, I would like to add it to the show pages (I guess noiseless is ok with it). Thanks!
  2. Does anyone still have this in lossless/FLAC? The MP3 audio sample is absolutely wonderful and this is great work! I'd love to have a lossless copy to blast over my speakers!
  3. U2
    1992-08-16
    RFK Stadium
    Washington DC

== MATRIX ==

Here's my version of the 1992 Washington DC show. It's a pretty nice listen to me, but it isn't the Holy Grail, unfortunately. The SBD was recorded too loud and the second half of the show suffers badly from distortion.

For this matrix, two SBD sources were used: the Dreamoutloud version aka 'Calling the White House", and the more complete ‘And Now a Word From Our Sponsors’. Both had their good and their bad, so I used parts from both.

The AUD (said to be Sony WM D3 > pc-62 by M.V.) was distant but it adds a pleasant live atmosphere. It wasn't mixed in very loud but unfortunately you'll notice some talking, screaming and clapping through the music at spots.

Last note: the sound was and is very compressed so if you listen with headphones, you'll be very tired at the end of the show. But apart from the flaws, I tried to get the best out of it, and it sounds pretty acceptable over any stereo set. Enjoy.

01 Intro
    02 Zoo Station
    03 The Fly
    04 Even Better Than The Real Thing
    05 Mysterious Ways
    06 One - Unchained Melody
    07 Until The End Of The World
    08 New Year's Day
    09 Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
    10 Angel Of Harlem
    11 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    12 Satellite Of Love
    13 Bad
    14 Sunday Bloody Sunday
    15 Bullet The Blue Sky
    16 Running To Stand Still
    17 Where The Streets Have No Name
    18 Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    19 Zoo TV Confessionals
    20 Desire
    21 Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
    22 With Or Without You
    23 Love Is Blindness
    24 Can't Help Falling In Love

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://we.tl/t-HXpvaPmLHH
  4. Thanks for this will give it a listen today
  5. Downloading it to re-up and add it to the show pages. Thanks a lot @one8ung

EDIT. Done.
  6. Aside from the loss of WGRYWH, I’ve always thought this was the best ZooTV show “on paper.”
  7. which is the best. version of this show
  8. On paper only they made a lot of mistakes and sounded a bit shaky ,It was one of the early outdoor gigs from that tour and they were still trying to find their groove.
  9. Really? I've always considered it the typical example of a show that's only famous because there's a soundboard/proshot recording from it. Loads of mistakes and nothing really memorable imho. Even the WOWY solo which is widely considered as the highlight from the show is not exclusive, it was a fairly common solo by Edge those days.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Really? I've always considered it the typical example of a show that's only famous because there's a soundboard/proshot recording from it. Loads of mistakes and nothing really memorable imho. Even the WOWY solo which is widely considered as the highlight from the show is not exclusive, it was a fairly common solo by Edge those days.
    “On paper “ meaning it looks good without actually hearing it. The fact that both SBS and Bad are performed - and NO WLCTT - looks good to me!
    My favourite Desire, too.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    “On paper “ meaning it looks good without actually hearing it. The fact that both SBS and Bad are performed - and NO WLCTT - looks good to me!
    My favourite Desire, too.
    I didn't get what you meant by "on paper", sorry. Now I understand!

SBS always feels out of place in the Zoo stage to me anyway, same goes for I Will Follow. Anachronistic and weird. Any other Boy or October song would have felt the same - they just don't fit with all the Zoo technology and atmosphere. NYD didn't really fit either but at least it's more of a contemporary song - or maybe I just grew used to seeing it in Sydney which is still the main (ie. official) representation of the tour.

Anyway, they very only reason for me to choose a '92 show over a '93 one as the best overall Zoo show would be an electric version of Horses seguing from UTEOTW. If you're not gonna have that you might as well choose some '93 show and have Stay in exchange! Lol.
  12. True. Wild Horse beats NYD (and SBS) during the ZooTV tour. I’ll still rate Stockholm higher than Washington, for sure.