1. said that doesn't matter where it is just that there is .. i voted as opener reminding the unbelievable and indelible shivers at the beginning of that astonishing night ages ago in Modena.
    but if they played twice Vertigo .. well even more they can open and close with Streets!!
    even if i'm more for closing in Love is blindness style
  2. I went with "I don't care it's good anywhere" but really I'm in agreement that it's best near the end, second last to 40 or AIWIY sounds awesome. Wasn't a fan of hearing it so early at Glasto at all, felt like the show peaked too early, I mean imagine if they'd played it before OOC instead!.
  3. main set closer, easy.
  4. Originally posted by alanofjones:i love it where it is as main set closer but to those old enough to have heard it open the show will know its a fantastic opener. the drawn out synth and build of excitement.

I almost always have to debate between this and some of the later transitions seen throughout their tours.
    For example, Running To Stand Still, Please, and One all make really great lead-ins for Streets.

Heck, one of the 360 shows had Walk On lead into Streets and I felt it worked really well.

But a part of me feels like Streets has become such a powerful song that to open with it would be almost too much energy at the start. However, for a short set I could totally see it happening.
  5. The later the better, otherwise the show (as many have said) feels like it's peaked too early. One of the biggest thrills I remember when at a gig is knowing that Streets is on its way, about to break out etc., and when you manage to get that thrill after 19+ songs, it's got to be one hell of a special buzz. But that said, I voted for 'don't care, anywhere' because that's the basic truth - Streets makes a U2 gig. Fact.
  6. Where would you prefer Where The Streets Have No Name in the setlist? (poll started on 2011-08-30)

As show opener - 22.9%
    As closer of the main set - 21.2%
    I don't care it's good anywhere - 18.9%
    As opener of the encore - 16.5%
    In the middle somewhere - 10.5%
    As show closer - 6.7%
    I rather see it not in the setlist it all - 3.2%

Votes: 811