1. I also would love to hear it brought back live. I share your thought on it being highly unlikely. But we ALL would have said the same about An Cat Dubh, Two hearts Beat as One, Zooropa, Dirty Day, etc. So fingers crossed

2. Stay, Zooropa, dirty day and lemon, no question they 4 are amongst the bands top 25-30 songs.
  3. i never liked Lemon, great song tho
  4. The wanderer is still the only song on Zooropa I’m not a fan of. It’s like the album version is a cover version with Johnny cash being on lead vocals, thankfully the ‘semi live’ version exists for his tribute night. Didn’t like the Nashville 360 version where Bono went into impersonation mode. Classic album though still.
  5. The Wanderer is brilliant inho. Top 20 U2 track for me. Johnny Cash as a post-apocalyptic preacher. I love that U2 were ahead of the curve regarding the Cash revival that was to happen some years later with the Rubin produced American Recordings. Also, the guest star angle, makes me wonder what Rattle and Hum would have been like with The Big O singing Mystery Girl backed by U2.
  6. They’d have been as well just giving Johnny cash the song to record himself for one of his albums and leaving Zooropa as a 9 song album. It doesn’t feel like a necessary or important part of the u2 catalogue at all when Bono is relegated to backing vocals. On the note of the tribute night version is anyone able to edit out Joaquin Phoenix introducing the band or is that not really achievable? I’ve done an edit to miss it out but it means cutting a bit of the intro music.
  7. Leave it out? Crazy talk! God, no. As much as I enjoy the tribute version, Bono’s vocal doesn’t hold a candle to Johnny’s. Re: the edit, I’ve done the same.
  8. Man I think babyface is such a garbage song. To each their own.
  9. Originally posted by TheRefugee:Leave it out? Crazy talk! God, no. As much as I enjoy the tribute version, Bono’s vocal doesn’t hold a candle to Johnny’s. Re: the edit, I’ve done the same.
    Bono is a million times better than Johnny in general and at that song.
  10. Hilarious
  11. Johnny Cash doesn’t need me to validate his claims to his rightful place in the pantheon of greatest and most influential music artists/singers of all time. It’s pretty self evident. Christ even Rolling Stone ranked him at No. 21 in their list of 100 greatest singers of all time. Incidentally, they placed Bono at 32.