1. Originally posted by TheRefugee:Johnny Cash doesn’t need me to validate his claims to his rightful place in the pantheon of greatest and most influential music artists/singers of all time. It’s pretty self evident. Christ even Rolling Stone ranked him at No. 21 in their list of 100 greatest singers of all time. Incidentally, they placed Bono at 32.
    Nobody needs someone to validate them because it’s all only opinions anyway so it’s both right and wrong to say he’s one of the greatest singers. To me though I can’t enjoy his singing at all and it doesn’t matter what rolling stone think either. Doesn’t usually bother me if I don’t enjoy an artist I just don’t bother with them but similar to Patti smith joining the band on stage and Mary j Blige doing One with them it absolutely bothers me when he comes in and ruins a U2 song.
  2. All opinions indeed, so less of the definitive proclamations about ruining songs and being advising people about their hearing. Play the ball, not the man.
  3. Originally posted by TheRefugee:All opinions indeed, so less of the definitive proclamations about ruining songs and being advising people about their hearing. Play the ball, not the man.
    I could keep putting imo at the end of everything but I’d like to think we all can assume none of us are saying our opinion is fact we’re just willing to defend or express certain views to different extents.
  4. babyface still sounds very fresh today