1. Yeah haha, I still work in Tesco. Long story short, they got rid of my job as a Tech Support Advisor, tried to pay me off, took a job in another store now after they refused to look for another job for me and now I'm earning less money. Happy days.

Wouldn't mind a wee GC session, gets me away from the dissertation.

How's things Tim?
  2. Sounds really great, Kieran. I went for an interview at Tesco last year, never heard back from them. Are you now the guy who is in charge of the yellow sticker machine?

As far as I'm concerned, I'[m pretty good. Graduated uni in the summer (again), spent the next 4 months or so working the worst hours imaginable at a local shop and then walked into a graduate job as a Software Developer. Been there 6 weeks now and love it.
  3. Originally posted by iTim:Sounds really great, Kieran. I went for an interview at Tesco last year, never heard back from them. Are you now the guy who is in charge of the yellow sticker machine?

As far as I'm concerned, I'[m pretty good. Graduated uni in the summer (again), spent the next 4 months or so working the worst hours imaginable at a local shop and then walked into a graduate job as a Software Developer. Been there 6 weeks now and love it.[/quote]Yeah! I do reductions on a Saturday. The most irritating job ever and as you get all the people rummaging through the bargains.

That sounds great, amazing when you walk into a job. What sort of software developing? Is it for Apple or Android?
  4. Oh hello. I did one of my usual moves and left the tab open whilst I was gone. I'll elbow my way in...

I did indeed work in finance in a limited way. It's what I did for the two years after I left school. Wasn't anything special, but I learned a few useless skills then left in 2014 to study computer networking, but after a year I switched to Software which I'm still in year 3 of. Oh and I also work in Tesco. And am very trigger happy with the yellow stickers. Come on down to Leith on the 28th or the 4th. I have 3128 boxes of mince pies going out of date.
  5. This is directed at Kieran. Damn Ross and his elbow.

Haha, you have the most important job then I'll buy anything if it's got a yellow sticker on it.

I work on web-based systems. Currently just getting into the swing of things on two internal projects that staff across the site use, adding some functionality here and there, fixing things that have broken. Newbie stuff, which is still far more complex than anything I've come across at university haha. How's you're studying going? Been at it a while now, haven't you?
  6. Originally posted by Ross1441:Oh hello. I did one of my usual moves and left the tab open whilst I was gone. I'll elbow my way in...

I did indeed work in finance in a limited way. It's what I did for the two years after I left school. Wasn't anything special, but I learned a few useless skills then left in 2014 to study computer networking, but after a year I switched to Software which I'm still in year 3 of. Oh and I also work in Tesco. And am very trigger happy with the yellow stickers. Come on down to Leith on the 28th or the 4th. I have 3128 boxes of mince pies going out of date.
    I think I have already consumed 3128 boxes of mince pies already. You're at univeristy as well then?
  7. Originally posted by iTim:This is directed at Kieran. Damn Ross and his elbow.

Haha, you have the most important job then I'll buy anything if it's got a yellow sticker on it.

I work on web-based systems. Currently just getting into the swing of things on two internal projects that staff across the site use, adding some functionality here and there, fixing things that have broken. Newbie stuff, which is still far more complex than anything I've come across at university haha. How's you're studying going? Been at it a while now, haven't you?
    Ah right, sounds good! I was curious because my brother is a software developer in Android.

Yeah, final year in journalism and then hopefully immediately getting a job!
  8. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    I think I have already consumed 3128 boxes of mince pies already. You're at univeristy as well then?
    Oh no you haven't... You should see it. Come the 4th I'll be stickering by the thousands and weeping as I go.

I am, yeah. 3rd year soft eng.
  9. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Ah right, sounds good! I was curious because my brother is a software developer in Android.

Yeah, final year in journalism and then hopefully immediately getting a job!
    I do recall you mentioning that actually. Wasn't he working on one of those flight apps (I may be pushing my memory a bit here)?

Final year...I don't envy you. Good luck finding a job anyway, hopefully you walk right on in to one as well.
  10. Originally posted by Ross1441:[..]
    Oh no you haven't... You should see it. Come the 4th I'll be stickering by the thousands and weeping as I go.

I am, yeah. 3rd year soft eng.
    Haha, it can't be that bad...

What kind of thing are you hoping to get into when you leave then?
  11. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    I do recall you mentioning that actually. Wasn't he working on one of those flight apps (I may be pushing my memory a bit here)?

Final year...I don't envy you. Good luck finding a job anyway, hopefully you walk right on in to one as well.
    Yeah, he briefly worked for Skyscanner. But he now works for a company that takes contracts from other companies to make their apps, pretty cool.

Thank you, I hope so too, otherwise it's reducing stuff for a living.