1. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Just lots of political Bono-news...
    And if it's not the anouncement of the end of their career i'll be very happy with anything extra.

Same here.
  2. Just a new single release.

Not worth getting your hopes up over a new album till we get some truly concrete info on it.
  3. New album (at least I hope so...)

Being more realistic, some Bono news and some news about the new album...
  4. My vote was for just a single, at most

Happened to have 200th vote, cool
  5. I personally would like to see Bono dust off those political guns and start a figurative war of some sort! I know the Elevation and Vertigo Tours each had a strong political message to spread, but I just wasn't feeling it during the 360 Tour (but maybe for good reason). One reason I love U2 so much is because of their involvement in global affairs and human rights campaigns. So Bono doing politics is a much a personal thing for him as it is a mantra of the band as a whole.

But regarding musical releases... we can wish for the moon! But I would like to see the band take the year off from seriously considering music. I want the band to release a new album when they feel that the time is right for them to do so, not because they want to please their fans with an annual morsel. Besides, releasing anything in 2012 might seem unfair for the other great acts on the move, ie Coldplay on tour and Muse in the studio. After their massive tour, I think it's safe to say that U2 should be taking a bit of R&R outside of the limelight for a while.
  6. I expect everything. Nothing surprises me anymore in this band
  7. Confirmed: The band will release a 15 year anniversary edition of Pop. Only one will be made and it will be sent via special delivery to me.

Reality: Nothing.
  8. Final votes are in:
    What do you expect from U2 in 2012? (started: 28 days ago)

Brand new album - 42.7%
    None of these, I don't expect anything - 18.7%
    Just lots of political Bono-news - 15.5%
    Re-release of an album/DVD - 10.2%
    Just a new song release - 8.9%
    U2 announcing their end - 4%

Votes: 754