1. Originally posted by LikeASong:I got a Nikon 35-105mm F3.5-4.5 AIS on the cheap the other day and it got here today. Impressive macro skills for a lens that is as old as the War album But it's all manual (obviously) and perfect focus is hard to achieve.

(About the cat, we just rescued and adopted him, he's around 2½ months old and he loves posing).

[image]
    coolcat

2. Thank you. It was at Carnegie Hall and I was in the nosebleeds. They also didn't like people taking photos.

This was a Sony Cybershot Exmor R point and shoot, 16x optical Zoom. Great little camera. I bring this to shows to take video now while I use the Nikon to take photos.
  3. Yes it was. I have video of every other song except that one from that night. That performance is what really turned me onto that song again.

The performance of When Love Comes To Town with Hozier was pretty cool too.
  4. currently thinking about investing in a sigma 60mm for my sony. does anyone happen to have any experience with that one?
  5. Which Sony is it? A mirrorless?
  6. Interesting. I would think 60mm is too long of a focal if you're planning to be front row or close, specially since a big part of this tour's attractive is the screen and such a huge one doesn't fit on a 90mm-equivalent lens For concerts (unless I'm doing press photography in the dedicated pit) I always opt for zooms since they allow you to go open wide, when you want to capture the stage, screen etc., and also to get up close for individual members.
  7. the zoom on the kit lens I have isn't really worth mentioning, imo. but the 60mm lets in more light (f2.8) which also beats the kit lens. it seems like a decent lens to own, concert photography aside. it takes some mad portraits