1. Hearing it in those short videos building up to Barcelona had me hyped. Shame it fell away so early.
  2. The audible 'whoaaa' from the stadium in the Barcelona videos had me thinking it was going to be a future staple. A popular song amongst the masses.
  3. Did they rehearse it on Vertigo?

4. Such a tease.
  5. They did. It was mainly guitars. Sounded like an acoustic version.
    I love the song, shame they didn't know how to play it and dropped it so soon
  6. I was blown away by it in Barcelona. It wasn't perfect but I thought if they played it couple of times they would get into it... but they stopped trying... what a shame, this song is beter than anything on ATYCLB and HTDAAB
  7. I would love it to hear this live!!
  8. I get the feeling the chance to hear it live in person has been and gone. I’m just quite grateful to have an official release of one of they live versions given how much of a rarity it was. Still think it wasn’t quite what it could be live with edge doing a bit too much in the ‘you’re in my mind’ and the Bono ‘hey’ shouting bit, something about the William orbit mix sounded better.
  9. Yea the fact that it made an official release is pretty staggering. And Mercy.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:I get the feeling the chance to hear it live in person has been and gone. I’m just quite grateful to have an official release of one of they live versions given how much of a rarity it was. Still think it wasn’t quite what it could be live with edge doing a bit too much in the ‘you’re in my mind’ and the Bono ‘hey’ shouting bit, something about the William orbit mix sounded better.
    I love both studio versions but slightly prefer the guitar original one. And I think live version had something from both...
  11. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I love both studio versions but slightly prefer the guitar original one. And I think live version had something from both...
    I strongly prefer the William orbit one but even so with the live version the bits I’m talking about weren’t included on either version in terms of Edge’s playing, he was doing some kind of solo thing over Bono singing which just didn’t sound right. He would have been better at they bits just to strum the chords.