1. Originally posted by gerryhickeyits not misses on a setlist but I would love to hear it live just once to see how it was arranged . Some of u2's songs only come to life when they are played live (EG. ultra voilet and trying to throw) so just once would be nice but I cant see it happening .

Ultraviolet was great on the album I thought. I loved it before I heard it live. I just cnt see how they would play it. It would have to be acoustic I suppose. I'd rather here Exit again rather than Electrical Storm.
  2. Originally posted by sadb7788[..]

Oh yes! But that's just a dream... Try to think about the number of messeges U2 would receive even in only one day!

Bowie did that for one of his good- bye tours in the nineties, and guess what - the audience chose more or less the same greatest hits in every city he played. Great idea - boring result.

Alex
  3. R.E.M. does it regularly when they're touring. I always thought it would be cool if U2 did the same...
    Electrical Storm wouldn't be my first choice though.
  4. Originally posted by yeahR.E.M. does it regularly when they're touring. I always thought it would be cool if U2 did the same...
    Electrical Storm wouldn't be my first choice though.

a revival of Dirty Day perhaps?
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

a revival of Dirty Day perhaps?

That I would enjoy
  6. Bono mentioned ES among his favorite songs in the Rolling Stone interview in '05. This only added to my confusion about it never being performed. I would love to hear the "band" version live, that would kick ass.
  7. Originally posted by Yogi:[..]

LOL, that's not demo, that's regular version. In the video, there is William Orbit mix of the song.

thats not the William Orbit mix, I'm sure

8. agree. might this be the demo that leaked to the bbc? This is not an official version. By the way. they really should try this song again on stage, but with the right chords
  9. Originally posted by dieder:[..]

agree. might this be the demo that leaked to the bbc? This is not an official version. By the way. they really should try this song again on stage, but with the right chords

I totally agree. Having both versions of Electrical Storm, I think they would sound better live... Especially the William Orbit Mix.
  10. Apologies if this has already been covered, but this was played on 2009-07-08 Milan show.

Honestly don't know if it continued throughout the tour, but I love the Milan version!