1. I really don't understand why people actually care how long or which colour anyone's hair, let alone that of a 62 year old man
  2. It's a common reference to opera.
    ("It's not over until the Fat Lady sings").

It sounds disrespectful to women, but it isn't meant disrespectful.
  3. Because we want him to look as cool as he is, and he’s been neglecting that lol. Looking cool is good for his performance ego, which has become much more humble and timid. I prefer the braggart
  4. This argument is something that has been sticked into my mind for a very long time. In the period from 90-94, the first experimental years, more specifically in the Achtung Baby recording era so when they lived in Berlin, did Bono actually cheat on Ali and saw other girls or maybe even men? Because I’ve always thought about songs like One, WGRYWH, Babyface, Zooropa, Lemon, Numb ecc… in those I’ve always interpreted them as Bono talking about “random” girls that he used to see while being in Berlin and around the world in the ZooTV tour, or as I’ve also said before, maybe even men. Did Bono and Ali were actually close during these years? What do you think or know about this? If it’s true I think of it as just a manifestation of changing and experimenting with your life at the maximum
  5. Originally posted by thalloween:This argument is something that has been sticked into my mind for a very long time. In the period from 90-94, the first experimental years, more specifically in the Achtung Baby recording era so when they lived in Berlin, did Bono actually cheat on Ali and saw other girls or maybe even men? Because I’ve always thought about songs like One, WGRYWH, Babyface, Zooropa, Lemon, Numb ecc… in those I’ve always interpreted them as Bono talking about “random” girls that he used to see while being in Berlin and around the world in the ZooTV tour, or as I’ve also said before, maybe even men. Did Bono and Ali were actually close during these years? What do you think or know about this? If it’s true I think of it as just a manifestation of changing and experimenting with your life at the maximum
    Bono's writing on Achtung Baby was inspired in part by Edge's break up with his first wife. The band stayed in a hotel in Berlin, spent a lot of time in Hansa studios trying to dream it all up again, and according to them the night life wasn't up to much. They accidently joined a protest of the pulling down of the Berlin wall when they arrived.

Lemon was inspired by some footage of Bono's mother wearing a lemon coloured dress, Babyface about voyeurism and Zooropa about uncertainty.

So I'm not sure where you've conjured up this impression of any trouble in Bono's marriage? I'm sure he's been through rough patches, I don't think all of his lyrics are autobiographical or to be taken literally.
  6. Originally posted by thalloween:This argument is something that has been sticked into my mind for a very long time. In the period from 90-94, the first experimental years, more specifically in the Achtung Baby recording era so when they lived in Berlin, did Bono actually cheat on Ali and saw other girls or maybe even men? Because I’ve always thought about songs like One, WGRYWH, Babyface, Zooropa, Lemon, Numb ecc… in those I’ve always interpreted them as Bono talking about “random” girls that he used to see while being in Berlin and around the world in the ZooTV tour, or as I’ve also said before, maybe even men. Did Bono and Ali were actually close during these years? What do you think or know about this? If it’s true I think of it as just a manifestation of changing and experimenting with your life at the maximum
    The wildest Bono ever got was between 95-97 and even that was tame by rock star standards. I know there was a lot of partying in Miami around that time and a lot of clubbing. I’ve heard he and the wife have had small issues here and there but nothing worth writing home about
  7. Bono's personal life (or anyone else's for that matter) is no one's business. Message board chatter about the intimate lives of others is not a great look.
  8. Originally posted by cmaly:Bono's personal life (or anyone else's for that matter) is no one's business. Message board chatter about the intimate lives of others is not a great look.
    bro he's just being curious by lyrics, chill
  9. You need to remember that the best writers can imagine and inhabit a character without ever having personally lived that experience. Take a listen to Springsteen on Broadway where he describes it as his magic trick. He writes from the perspective of a factory worker, never having done a regular job in his entire life. He wrote car enthusiast songs before he could even drive. "That's how good I am" he laughs. Bono is an observer and mimic of people, he turns those observations into songs.
  10. and remember children "all kill their inspiration and sing about the grief"
  11. And every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief.
  12. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:You need to remember that the best writers can imagine and inhabit a character without ever having personally lived that experience. Take a listen to Springsteen on Broadway where he describes it as his magic trick. He writes from the perspective of a factory worker, never having done a regular job in his entire life. He wrote car enthusiast songs before he could even drive. "That's how good I am" he laughs. Bono is an observer and mimic of people, he turns those observations into songs.
    True, although I remember Bono saying he tried more of this approach in his NLOTH lyrics and wasn't fully happy with the result, that he always finds his work better when he writes from within himself. Still, this absolutely doesn't mean that anything should be taken literally.