1. Bono looks fucking hilarious in this pic.

Like someone you'd find in a comic book.
  2. Nah I don't see the hilarity in it. I was more concentrating on the girl on the right of Bono anyway.

The girl to the right, however, looks, well... it's hard to describe. What the hell is she doing?

She looks a chicken actually.
  3. Bono's daughters must be so short to look short like they do in the pic next to shortness himself Bono.
  4. Originally posted by KieranU2:Nah I don't see the hilarity in it. I was more concentrating on the girl on the right of Bono anyway.

The girl to the right, however, looks, well... it's hard to describe. What the hell is she doing?

She looks a chicken actually.

a chicken hahahahaaa

5. Bono looks paranoid and cold,
    Eve looks beautiful like her Mother,
    And the girl beside her has baby cheeks
    a spring chicken what have you,
    not a real chicken, needless to say
    all cute.
  6. Ali is not' hard to look at is she?
  7. Bono to appear on stage with Suu Kyi at concert during whistle-stop tour
    independent

this is the Man i recognize not the one with the queen

(any british monarchists here are not meant to be offended)
  8. This is really amazing, especially for Bono as he really was the spearhead of the campaign to free Suu Kyi since at least the year 2000. Good for Suu Kyi for receiving recognition and good for Bono as well.
  9. @clover68

1) B-man has an honourary knighthood, if he were a British subject he would've become Sir Paul. By accepting it he recognised the queen's position (as the representative of the British people), a knighthood is exactly that: a nation honouring an individual, through its head of state. It didn't bother Geldof to get this type of recognition, did it?

Others with the same award: Pelé, Spielberg, Gen. Patton, Simon Wiesenthal. Declining it would send the wrong signal and I'm saying this as an anti-monarchist, living in a constitutional parliamentary monarchy.

2) B-man likes hobnobbing with the elite; he doesn't care if it's the Pope, Bill Gates, Suu Kyi, presidents Clinton, Lula, Bush, Medvedev, fellow Irishman: president Barry O'Bama and they like to be seen with him (probably not relevant for QE2, though).

He is cocky enough to think he can influence them and he has been proven right in this respect. Good on him!

3) When B-man is engaging with the likes above, he still remains true to himself (witness the convo with Lizzy, his audience with the pope or on radio with Clinton); he breaks down barriers using his charme, that's his job, it's why we like him, so why would we want him to stop doing this?