1. Good that they’re ticking another song off that had been previously unreleased from that specific tour with Party Girl I&E although it’s not my favourite song. I might just find a download of that one and save myself the money this time.
  2. Further evidence to confirm my thoughts that they’re trying to get as many different songs from each tour released. Started with the elevation tour DVD’s really given the variation between Boston and Slane but I think that was more coincidence. Then with vertigo milan from 10 songs they chose all 5 of the tracks played that night in Milan that weren’t on the Chicago dvd, I think that was the first time it was a deliberate choice and then 360 they went all out with u22 and from the ground up. It’s a satisfying strategy to me.
  3. Wasn’t that excited when I saw it but it features a live version from the show in Cologne which I attended so now I’m very excited!
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Further evidence to confirm my thoughts that they’re trying to get as many different songs from each tour released. Started with the elevation tour DVD’s really given the variation between Boston and Slane but I think that was more coincidence. Then with vertigo milan from 10 songs they chose all 5 of the tracks played that night in Milan that weren’t on the Chicago dvd, I think that was the first time it was a deliberate choice and then 360 they went all out with u22 and from the ground up. It’s a satisfying strategy to me.
    Yeah from 360 they actually (including bonus tracks) released in terms of length 2 concerts with totally different setlist. (U22 - 22 songs; From The Ground Up 15+5 bonus tracks+1 bonus from U22 + Mercy from Wide Awake EP=22 too)
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Yeah from 360 they actually (including bonus tracks) released in terms of length 2 concerts with totally different setlist. (U22 - 22 songs; From The Ground Up 15+5 bonus tracks+1 bonus from U22 + Mercy from Wide Awake EP=22 too)
    Technically u22 had 24 songs + the bonus you mentioned as all I want is you and love rescue me were coupled as one but both full performances and the same for MLK and walk on. So 46 different songs from the tour released , only really left out the songs that hadn’t been released at the time at all (except mercy which you mentioned) and party girl coincidentally as well as mothers of the disappeared being the only U2 originals not released. The wanderer wasn’t either although was put on U2.com and isn’t a full song performance anyway.
  6. i believe in the third world war, i believe in the atomic bomb!
  7. Very early prediction for next year but with it being Desire’s 25th anniversary and the fact they’ve played it on several tours that it’s not been released on I’m going to say that will appear with 3 live versions and the studio version, probably for the Black Friday RSD which is nearer the anniversary.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:Very early prediction for next year but with it being Desire’s 25th anniversary and the fact they’ve played it on several tours that it’s not been released on I’m going to say that will appear with 3 live versions and the studio version, probably for the Black Friday RSD which is nearer the anniversary.
    Gulp. 35th! I feel old.
  9. I believe in the powers that be, but they won’t overpower me!
  10. Wonder if they’ll do something for War 40th like they did for Boy. Funny they skipped October as an entire album.