1. Originally posted by Unodostres123:Imagine being in a band who are one of the biggest in the world and being fully aware you have some fans that will just buy anything you release and instead of using that information to try and make every release truly unique in terms of content they just stick a bunch of previously released tracks on it. I’m not going to criticise fans who buy it because that’s what fans do, they collect things and they want to own things the band release but the band and their team should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage. They could have had all 4 of they tracks on side an and on side b had 2 different live versions of each that hadn’t been released.
    If U2 irks you so much, why not just stop following them? Just because its not of interest to you doesn't mean others are buying it for the sake of it.
  2. Originally posted by kevinu267:[..]
    If U2 irks you so much, why not just stop following them? Just because it’s not of interest to you doesn't mean others are buying it for the sake of it.
    That’s a bit of a silly response. I’m a fan of most of the bands music have enjoyed every show I’ve attended and always get new releases when they’re actually new even when I’m doubtful about the quality of the tracks as is the case with SOS but I’ll certainly give it a chance. None of that is going to stop me criticising decisions they make whether it be playing a residency without the original line up or having RSD releases that feature no previously unreleased tracks. I didn’t say fans were buying it for the sake of it although I know some will, I’m assuming some like different artwork amongst other reasons but I’m saying that if the band are going to release things they should be making it truly unique, different artwork and previously unreleased tracks or versions of tracks. It’s shortchanging fans to just stick versions you can get elsewhere on these types of release regardless of if you’re a fan of artwork or not. It’s the same with all anniversary releases, obviously they want to promote the original material but alongside that there should always be some stuff that hasn’t appeared before.
  3. Can someone date the actual middle photograph? 83/84?
  4. Originally posted by Unodostres123:[..]
    That’s a bit of a silly response. I’m a fan of most of the bands music have enjoyed every show I’ve attended and always get new releases when they’re actually new even when I’m doubtful about the quality of the tracks as is the case with SOS but I’ll certainly give it a chance. None of that is going to stop me criticising decisions they make whether it be playing a residency without the original line up or having RSD releases that feature no previously unreleased tracks. I didn’t say fans were buying it for the sake of it although I know some will, I’m assuming some like different artwork amongst other reasons but I’m saying that if the band are going to release things they should be making it truly unique, different artwork and previously unreleased tracks or versions of tracks. It’s shortchanging fans to just stick versions you can get elsewhere on these types of release regardless of if you’re a fan of artwork or not. It’s the same with all anniversary releases, obviously they want to promote the original material but alongside that there should always be some stuff that hasn’t appeared before.
    How is it a silly response? If you are getting so worked up about their recent decisions and feel the need to pollute multiple threads on how crap a job the band are doing, then maybe its time to find something that is a bit more enjoyable.
  5. Originally posted by kevinu267:[..]
    How is it a silly response? If you are getting so worked up about their recent decisions and feel the need to pollute multiple threads on how crap a job the band are doing, then maybe its time to find something that is a bit more enjoyable.
    It’s silly because just like you can come on and express how happy you are with something I can also come on and express how much I hate it. I’m not worked up, I enjoy talking about the band good and bad, it gets it off my chest, I don’t think as fans we need to worry about upsetting other fans with negative posts about the band do we? If so then what you are suggesting is to take away the right to freely express how you feel about the band on here, I think a lot of members wouldn’t want to be part of a site like that and I’m sure that isn’t the sites policy either.
  6. I’m not going to bother with this, I have the original vinyl releases of these anyway and I couldn’t really give a f*** about the SOS versions
  7. Originally posted by Unodostres123:Imagine being in a band who are one of the biggest in the world and being fully aware you have some fans that will just buy anything you release and instead of using that information to try and make every release truly unique in terms of content they just stick a bunch of previously released tracks on it. I’m not going to criticise fans who buy it because that’s what fans do, they collect things and they want to own things the band release but the band and their team should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage. They could have had all 4 of they tracks on side an and on side b had 2 different live versions of each that hadn’t been released.

I think you make a valid point. Yes, the packaging and combination are unique but the songs have been and will be otherwise available.

Compare this to another RSD announcement in my feed this morning from Garbage which is far more original for fans:
    1. Witness to Your Love (rare track from 2008, never before on vinyl)
    2. Cities in Dust (previously unreleased Siouxie & The Banshees cover)
    3. Blue Betty (previously unreleased track from No Gods, No Masters sessions)
    4. Adam and Eve (previously unreleased track from No Gods, No Masters sessions)
  8. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:[..]

I think you make a valid point. Yes, the packaging and combination are unique but the songs have been and will be otherwise available.

Compare this to another RSD announcement in my feed this morning from Garbage which is far more original for fans:
    1. Witness to Your Love (rare track from 2008, never before on vinyl)
    2. Cities in Dust (previously unreleased Siouxie & The Banshees cover)
    3. Blue Betty (previously unreleased track from No Gods, No Masters sessions)
    4. Adam and Eve (previously unreleased track from No Gods, No Masters sessions)
    Yeah that is interesting.
  9. Another lame (and lets be honest, lazy) RSD release...

And it will no doubt be priced up as if it was a double LP but contains only 4 songs, 2 of which we've all heard a million times and got multiple physical versions and 2 SOS songs that we'll all have next month anyways
  10. Should've had the 2015 live version of two hearts and a JT2017 SbS with the extended drum intro