1. So they were withholding tracks from the Marquee show from 1980 only to release them one by one years after? I don't get it. Just release the damn full show already.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:So they were withholding tracks from the Marquee show from 1980 only to release them one by one years after? I don't get it. Just release the damn full show already.
    You wouldn’t make a very good business man Cesar . You’d never get a job in U2’s management with that mind set they’ve got to drip feed us material while we chuck money at them for it lol. I do agree with you though really, thankfully it’s not a cd so I won’t be getting it, I’ve resisted starting a vinyl collection until now and this release isn’t going to be enough to break my resistance.
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:So they were withholding tracks from the Marquee show from 1980 only to release them one by one years after? I don't get it. Just release the damn full show already.
  4. U2.com now has an item about this release. It ends with: "The release will only be available from independent record shops on Saturday 18th April on @RSDUK. More information at recordstoreday.co.uk"

I hope this doesn't mean that this release will not be available in other parts of the world.
  5. Same here. May need to call on friends for a favour if that's the case.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You wouldn’t make a very good business man Cesar . You’d never get a job in U2’s management with that mind set they’ve got to drip feed us material while we chuck money at them for it lol. I do agree with you though really, thankfully it’s not a cd so I won’t be getting it, I’ve resisted starting a vinyl collection until now and this release isn’t going to be enough to break my resistance.
    I get that with the new management they want to milk the fans for everything, but I don't understand the thought process behind this.
    Did Guy O'Seary say something like "guys, let's keep these 2 tracks that only die-hard fans know out of a limited release that was supposed to be a gift to the fans, so that 5 years into the future, when everyone already forgot about this, we can release them in an even more limited release that is only for one day and in limited stores, so that our profits increase by a microscopic amount!"
    I don't think they were thinking of RSD 2020 back when they decided to remove Twilight and Touch from the subscription gift, that's all.
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I get that with the new management they want to milk the fans for everything, but I don't understand the thought process behind this.
    Did Guy O'Seary say something like "guys, let's keep these 2 tracks that only die-hard fans know out of a limited release that was supposed to be a gift to the fans, so that 5 years into the future, when everyone already forgot about this, we can release them in an even more limited release that is only for one day and in limited stores, so that our profits increase by a microscopic amount!"
    I don't think they were thinking of RSD 2020 back when they decided to remove Twilight and Touch from the subscription gift, that's all.
    I actually think it is sort of like you say the conversation went but less specific. I think it’s a case of don’t give them everything we can use the other bits somewhere else. What tracks get left out is just a decision making process but they won’t give you everything. Maybe there’s a better explanation though but I can’t think of it.
  8. I know I’m getting this one!!
  9. This actually seems like a pretty solid release. Visually, the product looks great, and two new live tracks is a great bonus.
  10. Twilight live is always a bonus

11. It will be for sale on April 18th?