Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. LOL
  2. Popmart IWF is elite.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:I think I’m gradually thinking less of popmart as the years go on. I like to listen to or watch something from the tour occasionally but there’s quite a lot about it I either don’t like or don’t love compared to other tours. The pop songs are great, they haven’t played a few of them since and didn’t really improve them since either so that’s the main reason to listen to a Popmart show and HMTMKMKM is good too. IWF I don’t dislike but I prefer a standard version, I hate the lemon remix and SBS on that tour. A lot of the others it’s not that I dislike them but I like them less than on maybe all other tours, real thing was probably better than it’s appearances on the elevation tour at least. I really don’t think if I was making up a live playlist I would go to a Popmart show for anything other than a pop song and maybe HMTMKMKM and even that was at least as good on 360.

Miami or Mexico City is still high on my rotation list, as far as live shows go.. Love the opening tracks from Mofo to Gone. Miami is good, then Please to Discotheque I still love..I do like the groove of Mysterious Ways, and HMTMKMKM still rocks. Regarding One, I think the guitar tone used here is the best of all tours.
  4. The Haring visuals were definitive.
  5. Sarajevo is probably my most listened to U2 show
  6. Of all the u2 shows with good sound quality that’s my least listened to. I still don’t understand how people can enjoy that show with Bono’s below par performance (admittedly no fault of his own). Different if you were there and enjoyed it and this show takes you back even but where is the enjoyment in listening to it?
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Of all the u2 shows with good sound quality that’s my least listened to. I still don’t understand how people can enjoy that show with Bono’s below par performance (admittedly no fault of his own). Different if you were there and enjoyed it and this show takes you back even but where is the enjoyment in listening to it?
    I still think it has some great moments (AIWIY, Streets, WOWY, etc)
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Of all the u2 shows with good sound quality that’s my least listened to. I still don’t understand how people can enjoy that show with Bono’s below par performance (admittedly no fault of his own). Different if you were there and enjoyed it and this show takes you back even but where is the enjoyment in listening to it?
    Different when you heard it live on the radio. Different when you heard Sarajevo everyday on the news. Music is more than just sound quality or a perfect voice.
  9. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Different when you heard it live on the radio. Different when you heard Sarajevo everyday on the news. Music is more than just sound quality or a perfect voice.
    Music to me is about the quality of the songs and live the quality in which they are performed. It doesn’t need to be perfection but it needs to be at least good on a technical level to enjoy for me anyway, but I guess we all take different things from music and enjoy it in different ways.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Music to me is about the quality of the songs and live the quality in which they are performed. It doesn’t need to be perfection but it needs to be at least good on a technical level to enjoy for me anyway, but I guess we all take different things from music and enjoy it in different ways.
    you were talking about understanding others; I was just adding some things to your list, and there's probably more too add. I'm not trying to change your musical taste.
  11. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Yeah I agree... I still think it's one of their best and most intense show they ever did and the voice problems are not problem. With Edge and crowd helping...
  12. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    you were talking about understanding others; I was just adding some things to your list, and there's probably more too add. I'm not trying to change your musical taste.
    Yeah I get that, I appreciate what you’re saying it does give a few answers to my question about what could make people enjoy it. There’s nothing wrong with that.