Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. Originally posted by Alvin:Encores were good. Discotheque into Velvet Dress is great and then HMTMKMKM and MW are pumped up too... and I loved One and MLK on Prague concert where I was. And also if they closed with Dead Man was nice too
    Couldn't disagree more mate Discotheque and Velvet Dress are 2 awful songs,even HMTMKMKM doesn't do it for me,I was disappointed they dropped Ultraviolet for that on 360 2011.
    I'd rather they'd played If God will send his angels and Do you feel loved.
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:Encores were good. Discotheque into Velvet Dress is great and then HMTMKMKM and MW are pumped up too... and I loved One and MLK on Prague concert where I was. And also if they closed with Dead Man was nice too
    I couldn't agree more.

To me, Popmart setlist is a classic just like Zoo TV. Both flow perfectly well, IMO.

Every time I listen to a Popmart bootleg, it's like anticipation builds and builds until Discotheque; the moment Bono finishes the first verses and full band joins, it's a damn explosion of funk and rock 'n roll. I just can't get enough of that lovey dovey stuff! (Sorry for the pun.)
  3. Originally posted by kite29:[..]
    I couldn't agree more.

To me, Popmart setlist is a classic just like Zoo TV. Both flow perfectly well, IMO.

Every time I listen to a Popmart bootleg, it's like anticipation builds and builds until Discotheque; the moment Bono finishes the first verses and full band joins, it's a damn explosion of funk and rock 'n roll. I just can't get enough of that lovey dovey stuff! (Sorry for the pun.)
    Yeah, for me only weaker part of Popmart Is Pride/ISHFWILF/AIWIY - not really great versions - rest Is great 😉
  4. Popmart = last great u2 era and tour.
  5. I'll say that Popmart had some flashes of brilliance, but Elevation, Vertigo and 360 weren't great?
  6. 90’s was the best U2 hands down
  7. Same boat here.

I love all the eras for different reasons, but I always keep coming back to the 90's. I just can't help it.

3 stellar records, IMO: AB, Zoroopa, Pop. And two amazing tours.
  8. e+i 2018 is better than Popmart
  9. Not after the setlist changes.
  10. of course, every night of Popmart was completely different from the one before, at one show they even played Tomorrow after The Playboy Mansion!