1. Originally posted by jmushouse:Speaking of which, man I love Festival Proshot Season

[YouTube Video]

[YouTube Video]

Too similar shows cause they were within days of eachother, but still have some great tracks.
    If any one could rip the audio, and separate the tracks and upload them, it would be much appreciated (I'm afraid that falls out of my area of expertise)
    Iwill do that for my favourite Funkhouser dude! Expect links in a few hours
  2. I would see them again no doubt. I hope they come back to Spain sometime, although most mid-sized tours seem to avoid us
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I don't remember in which thread there was a discussion about modern bands and The Gaslight Anthem was mentioned among others.

I have never listened to them before, so I decided to give it a shot an hour ago and youtubed the album Get Hurt. God I loved it. Welcome The Gaslight Anthem to my shortlist of favourite bands.

There were at least a couple of songs where I really thought I was listening The Killers, though (nothing wrong with it).
    Get Hurt is a good album, but their true gems are The '59 Sound and Handwritten. Give them a try

I've said it before too: they sound like a mix of Bruce Springsteen, the Ramones, and The Killers. Not a bad mix at all!

4. There you go
  5. I'm usually a debut album fan, but not this time. This is one of the rare cases where subsequent albums have been consistently better (up to Handwritten, that is).
  6. I'm with Olof on this one.
  7. Thanks Tim.

I must say I disagree with Sergio here. I think there's a general decline in the quality of TGA's music. Sink or Swim and The '59 Sound are their best albums (can't really decide which one is the best) and then American Slang is still great, but not as great. I probably would put Get Hurt above Handwritten though. So yeah... I consider Handwritten to be their worst album. I still enjoy it a lot though. (Although its best song is the bonus track, Blue Dahlia)
  8. I just got way back into "Biloxi Parish" actually
  9. Sink is my favourite Gaslight album. I like them all including Get hurt. Brian described the change in style from Handwritten to Get hurt as being similar to U2's change from The Joshua Tree to Achtung baby. As I said I like it but it ain't no Achtung baby !!
  10. Originally posted by Mr_Trek:Thanks Tim.

I must say I disagree with Sergio here. I think there's a general decline in the quality of TGA's music. Sink or Swim and The '59 Sound are their best albums (can't really decide which one is the best) and then American Slang is still great, but not as great. I probably would put Get Hurt above Handwritten though. So yeah... I consider Handwritten to be their worst album. I still enjoy it a lot though. (Although its best song is the bonus track, Blue Dahlia)
    I only agree on Blue Dahlia being the best (or the second best) on Handwritten
  11. Originally posted by treasure:Sink is my favourite Gaslight album. I like them all including Get hurt. Brian described the change in style from Handwritten to Get hurt as being similar to U2's change from The Joshua Tree to Achtung baby. As I said I like it but it ain't no Achtung baby !!
    We talked about their supposed change in sound a couple of years back... I still don't buy it

http://www.u2start.com/topic/by-post/515765/

I have seen very few bands with a more uniform sound than The Gaslight Anthem. And I love their songs and their style, but saying they've gone through many sonic changes is like saying Larry Mullen has gone through radical look changes during the past 3 decades... As a guitar player myself, I can sit through most TGA songs I know (and they're a good bunch spanning from their first to their last album) with the same pickup and overdrive pedal, no changes whatsoever. Yeah, radical changes.
  12. Stick on a bootleg from 2014 or 2015 with songs from every album and there is no change !!