1. As some/most of you probably know, The Rolling Stones have been the basis for many rumors in the last year- surrounding their possible 2012 50TH ANNIVERSARY FAREWELL TOUR.

Well, today those rumors got a lot stronger.

I thought this seriously deserved a topic of its own. One of the WORLD'S biggest bands, most important acts, greatest songwriters, and iconic artists are planning their possible last shows ever.

So, let's start talking! The Rolling Stones' website says the announcement should drop on September 4th, so keep looking around and scout the rumors. Leave them here for us all to talk about.

I will almost certainly travel cross-country to NYC for this. I have someone I can stay with for free, though airfare would cost me somewhere around $200. Tickets for the show would probably run me a good $200 as well if I am even remotely lucky enough to get them when they go on sale, so I'm looking at a potential $400-$500 trip here. Perhaps I can swoon one of my parents into getting me a plane ticket for Christmas and knocking some of the cost down...
  2. Not worth all that hassle, IMHO.

By the way, I heard it's gonna be just four shows (for the moment). Two in London, no word about the venue, and two in NY, Brooklyn Bridge rumoured.
  3. Not worth all that hassle, IMHO.

By the way, I heard it's gonna be just four shows (for the moment), around November. Two in London, no word about the venue, and two in NY, Brooklyn Bridge rumoured.
  4. If these do turn out to be the final shows then good riddance. They've been around for literally ALL of time, and yet they've not released anything of any interest (note: interest) for about 30 years!

People really shouldn't give a damn. But they will, unfortunately.
  5. The 50 anniversary shows should be their last shows but 2012 Summer is almost over and there's been no news about it, so if it happens (which is still unsure), I'm afraid they won't be their farewell concerts
  6. TL;DR:
  7. For a while they were starting to remind me of Status Quo actually. Now that is the ultimate insult.
  8. Ugh, Status Quo. Admittedly, they are worse than The Rolling Stones.

I'm just HOPING that these are some of the final concerts. They can't last much longer, surely.
  9. Rockin' all over the world ONE LAST TIME! UGH.

When will be the real last time, Rick?
  10. If there's no official denial of these claims from the Rolling Stones tomorrow, it is assumed that the shows will be on. Possible warmup for actual residencies in 2013 to say goodbye.

The Brooklyn shows would be at the Barclays Center, and the London shows at the O2.
  11. Not too much love for these once-great artists.

Admittedly, I can count on one hand the number of songs I like by them that they've released in my lifetime.

I'm 39.
  12. The Rolling Stones were great in the 1960's,and mid '70s.Its too bad Brian Jones became a mess from drugs,was kicked out,and then of course died.I actually like the run of albums with Mick Jones the best,from 1969-1974.Let It Bleed '69 (great),Sticky Fingers '71 (great),Exile '72(great),Goats Head '73 (was just ok,but has Angie,a classic,and a few other solid tunes like Heatbreaker and Winter),Only Rock N Roll '74 is great.

Whe Ron Wood joined in '75,that was that.Thats when they became The Stones.Leave out the Rolling.Wood was/is a clown.