1. Sincerely, choosing that date in that city is almost as pompous as stupid.
  2. Not enough sound to fill that big stage. And most of the songs sound the same. Trumpets and horns do not help. Meh
  3. ^ all valid points, even though I'm not watching the Glasto stream.
  4. I just don't get it. They aren't big enough to headline Glastonbury, all their songs sound the same and somehow they have fans. Can't stand them.
  5. Headliners slots for Glasto, Reading, etc are absolutely exaggerated.
  6. If you have sold albums over the previous 12 months then you have a chance at a headline slot. They were a big let down last night and stupidly threw 2 of their biggest hits away in the first half hour. The xx on BBC3 were much better viewing.
  7. I can't stand The XX so I can't agree with you, but I agree that their setlist wasn't the best yesterday. They should have saved Little Lion Man and I Will Wait for the encores, even if they use to play them like that (2nd and 6-8th)...

And well, the one thing I CAN NOT STAND is when they ssssssslooooooooooowwwwwwwww doooooowwwwnnnn some of their choruses so much (The Cave, Lion Man, Awake My Stone), I don't know if it's because they don't like people to sing at the same pace than they or why it is, but I plain HATE it.
  8. What's much worse is the stupid 'woooh oooh oooh oooh woooh oooh' bridge in every song to build up to another run through of a chorus that they have sang 3 times already. They would be very good craic in a small venue when drunk but that's all I see them as.

And how dare you not appreciate the transoc melodies of The xx. Awesome chill out music.
  9. I agree with Sergio, The XX aren't that good. Dreary music. Coexist was, in my opinion, mediocre at best.
  10. Originally posted by germcevoy:What's much worse is the stupid 'woooh oooh oooh oooh woooh oooh' bridge in every song to build up to another run through of a chorus that they have sang 3 times already. They would be very good craic in a small venue when drunk but that's all I see them as.

And how dare you not appreciate the transoc melodies of The xx. Awesome chill out music.

There's much more to them than that, but it's another valid point Not that it bothers me, it's just a style of song build-up.
  11. Mumford at Glastonbury were, I thought, okay. However, before them, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds played the set of the weekend, at least as far as I saw. They were simply EXTRAORDINARY, and I can't urge people enough to go to the BBC website to check out their set. If I were in Mumford and Sons, I'd have been ashamed to follow them. The Bad Seeds ought to have headlined on Sunday, not Mumford et al.
  12. I don't know a single song by them but such a raving review demands some attention. Gonna youtube that Glasto set, let's see.