1. Can't believe it been 6 years. Iris has been my top 5 U2 song. Like Bono, I lost my grandmother who was like my mother at age 13, the end of my innocence. This album relates so much with my Troubles growing up in my city, The Miracle of Joey Ramone would be U2 for me. Every song just relates and it's scary, it's like U2 released this for me.
  2. In my top 3 of best U2 records.
  3. What a great time to be a u2 fan that was , felt like for a month straight all everyone did was talk about u2 whether it be good or bad .
  4. Originally posted by bushido529:Can't believe it been 6 years. Iris has been my top 5 U2 song. Like Bono, I lost my grandmother who was like my mother at age 13, the end of my innocence. This album relates so much with my Troubles growing up in my city, The Miracle of Joey Ramone would be U2 for me. Every song just relates and it's scary, it's like U2 released this for me.
    Agreed! I haven't felt loss like that but the songs really did speak to me!
  5. Haven’t listened to this album in a long time. I think one or two have popped up on shuffle over the last few years but certainly not sat down and listened from start to finish.

It was such an exciting period as a fan. From the album release, to experiencing those US shows online night after night with all the new technology and then finally seeing the show with my own eyes. Incredible ride. It’s a shame SOE never hit me the same way.

Might go away and have a listen to it before bed.
  6. I rank it 6th out of their 15 albums (Passengers included). The lyrics on the whole are leaps and bounds better than the previous two albums. I think it's best viewed it as separate from its roll-out.
  7. Here's how it all began, as fan of the band it was really exciting I honestly never envisaged them putting their album out immediately I thought they were just there as special guest to launch their new single and tell everyone there was an album coming out in a few weeks,I know some geeks saw it as musical terrorism but it was a ballsy move by the band which got their music heard by half a billion people whether they wanted it or not.

8. Please bring back the dark shades Bono