1. Originally posted by germcevoy:It’s ageing well. Much better than the three albums before it and the one that followed it makes it their best album of the past 23 years (maybe even 27 years).
    Worst album cover ever.
  2. U2 have never been “wizards” in album covers

3. SOE is actually a good album. The only bad songs are American Soul and The Showman. If it was released at the same time, or shortly after SOI then I think people would appreciate SOE more. The fact they made us wait 3 years for it didn't help.
  4. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

SOE is actually a good album. The only bad songs are American Soul and The Showman. If it was released at the same time, or shortly after SOI then I think people would appreciate SOE more. The fact they made us wait 3 years for it didn't help.
    Red Flag Day is also suspect. It's so basic, really.
  5. Yeah I was tempted to include Red Flag Day too. Its 50/50. I still wanted to hear it live during EI though.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:It’s ageing well. Much better than the three albums before it and the one that followed it makes it their best album of the past 23 years (maybe even 27 years).
    I agree. I love the album. No skips for me. But yea... worst album cover ever. The original cover was so great.
  7. Best album behind the big 2 of AB and JT for me. It just cements it’s place with every listen. I also agree with the comments above though about the album cover probably being there worst and I also agree about the original album cover looking better. But thankfully the music more than makes up for it.
  8. Overall I always thought SOE was much stronger than SOI, now I’m not so sure. American Soul and GOOYOW really pull it down.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:Best album behind the big 2 of AB and JT for me. It just cements it’s place with every listen. I also agree with the comments above though about the album cover probably being there worst and I also agree about the original album cover looking better. But thankfully the music more than makes up for it.
    No way is it better than War,Unforgettable fire,Zooropa or Pop,I think most fans would agree with me on that ,those albums didn't need to be forced down people's throats and created their own legacy based on the strength of the songs.
  10. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    No way is it better than War,Unforgettable fire,Zooropa or Pop,I think most fans would agree with me on that ,those albums didn't need to be forced down people's throats and created their own legacy based on the strength of the songs.
    Here we go
  11. Originally posted by SJKamal:[..]

SOE is actually a good album. The only bad songs are American Soul and The Showman. If it was released at the same time, or shortly after SOI then I think people would appreciate SOE more. The fact they made us wait 3 years for it didn't help.

Bordering on average I'd say, irrelevant of SOI because it's a separate entity. It's filled with bang average songs and it's completely all over the place with so many hands dipped into the production process. The track listing is really inconsistent too. And god, I hate that autotuning in Love is All We Have Left.

I think a reason why people don't appreciate it apart from waiting three years is their promoting the fact that they had to rewrite it through Bono's "brush with mortality" and the evolving political landscape, which is just bollocks. It was clearly ready for ages as we know it.