1. STOP THE PRESSING MACHINES! I JUST DEVELOPED A NEW RIFF THAT HAS TO BE IN THE NEW ALBUM!
    *album gets delayed for another 12 months*
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:STOP THE PRESSING MACHINES! I JUST DEVELOPED A NEW RIFF THAT HAS TO BE IN THE NEW ALBUM!
    *album gets delayed for another 12 months*
    lol it's not even funny if we know it's possible...
  3. Even Edge I think has given up hope of delaying it further. I’m guessing from his words he’s at least satisfied with it now enough to let it be released but happy in the knowledge he’s still got a bit of time to do any adjustments before the not so strict deadline. It’s not like once it’s released he wouldn’t want to work on it anyway.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Even Edge I think has given up hope of delaying it further. I’m guessing from his words he’s at least satisfied with it now enough to let it be released but happy in the knowledge he’s still got a bit of time to do any adjustments before the not so strict deadline. It’s not like once it’s released he wouldn’t want to work on it anyway.
    Im from my phone and I cant get into much detail but there is no way that they/he can work any further in the songs if they are being released Dec 1st... In physical format, that is. A digital release like SOI was is far more deadline-forgiving and you can be recording and mastering until just a few days before the launch (as happened with SOI actually). But for a physical release the songs need to be finished and mastered many weeks before the D Day. Then the whole thing goes to final mastering and goes into the whole pressing process, which aint short (depends on the number of copies and the different formats being pressed, but surely not less than 3-4 weeks) and then needs to be delivered worldwide a good few days before it actually goes on sale to the public. The whole process rarely goes below 6 weeks, and more usually takes like 8-10. So even in the most optimistic case, they ran outta time somewhere during past week
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Im from my phone and I cant get into much detail but there is no way that they/he can work any further in the songs if they are being released Dec 1st... In physical format, that is. A digital release like SOI was is far more deadline-forgiving and you can be recording and mastering until just a few days before the launch (as happened with SOI actually). But for a physical release the songs need to be finished and mastered many weeks before the D Day. Then the whole thing goes to final mastering and goes into the whole pressing process, which aint short (depends on the number of copies and the different formats being pressed, but surely not less than 3-4 weeks) and then needs to be delivered worldwide a good few days before it actually goes on sale to the public. The whole process rarely goes below 6 weeks, and more usually takes like 8-10. So even in the most optimistic case, they ran outta time somewhere during past week
    Good point, I wasn’t thinking about all that stuff. I suppose that’s a good thing as it kinda stops Edge at some point lol, and I think we’re at that point. I do think he’ll still be messing about with the songs though but I guess that’s more geared towards the live performances once the albums released as I guess has always been the case anyway.
  6. I feel like that is a huge statement to make. BUT I’d love it if we all have egg on our face when this comes out.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    The bit I was talking about and I believe above was talking about is after he says that’s a killer groove. The very end of the video that’s the more strummed chords and the Achtung baby style distorted vocal, don’t know if it’s Bono or edge singing.

Ah ! clear. In that case I'm off no help ! And just as curious.
  8. So Landlady confirmed. Book of your heart B-side on Deluxe edition
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I've actually seen it turned around in 4 weeks before (believe it or not) It wasn't a smooth rollout, and (IMHO) very unwise... but done nevertheless... although I don't think the band would allow another debacle on their hands for 2nd consecutuve release...