1. Summer Of Love/Red Flag Day/The Showman
    is the best part of the album for me...
  2. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Fair point.

A lot of the lyrics on SOE are trash. But at least the "every door smells of fresh paint" line was removed from The Best Thing. But still, it's a terrible song.
    I forgot about that line
  3. Love this album & prefer it to SOI.

The only one I don’t care for is American Soul.

Still don’t understand why they didn’t play Little Things the entire SOE tour. One of their best songs in a long time. Best song of the last 3 albums.
  4. Little Things is a great song but sounds too much likes U2's 2000 era to me, i like when U2 try to sounds different of what they've done before.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Great
    Love is bigger
    Lights of home
    Landlady
    Little things

Good
    Summer of love
    Blackout
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    Red Flag Day
    Book Of Your Heart

Mediocre
    Love is all we have left
    Best Thing (acoustic live version is good)

Poor
    Showman
    American soul

Agree with this. Best Thing would have best been released in that early version that Kygo did (almost a year before the album was released), I liked that one a lot:

6. Originally posted by Kembacelts8:Love this album & prefer it to SOI.

Still don’t understand why they didn’t play Little Things the entire SOE tour. One of their best songs in a long time. Best song of the last 3 albums.
    Little things should either open the encore or end the show.. I also can't understand how they left this one out.
    SOE is still growing on me. There are moments I truly enjoy a full listen, but other times I just feel like they didn't deliver what they really wanted to.
    The whole album would be, in my opinion, so much better if some songs were not that over - produced.
    Also, The Showman should be electric; maybe Noel heard some early electric version which he loved so much.
    As for The Blackout, the production butchered the song. YouTube version is much better.
    Best thing about me should be a more straightforward (pop)rock song without such excessive production.
    What an ideal SOE would look like to me:
    Love is all we have left
    The Blackout
    Lights of Home
    Summer of love
    Red flag day
    The Showman (little more better) electric
    Landlady
    You're the best thing about me
    The little things that give you away
    Book of your heart
    Love is bigger than anything in its way
  7. Originally posted by Kembacelts8:Love this album & prefer it to SOI.

Totally agree it's bizzare they never played it the E&I tour was basically to promote SOE yet they never played the best song from it which doesn't make sense we know album sales aren't what they were however U2 still sell enough to actually bother putting out new music while a lot of other bands from their era don't. U2 concerts still get a broad range of fans some of whom probably haven't heard the latest album so playing the best tunes from it is a no brainer.
  8. They should have released Songs of Innocence and Experience at the same time and have only one tour (Innocence + experience). Imagine going to a gig with like 14 new songs.
  9. Also just listened to the Showman rehearsal. Assume this would have taken the place of Desire/Even better?
  10. In regards to Little Things not being played live, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that bono said it’s a very hard song for him to sing and that’s why they don’t play it.
  11. haha I think yes, similar audience engagement levels eh?
  12. Agree about Little things... When they played it on the JT 17' in Rome, it was pure magic. If it was released in the 80's, 90's or in 00', when u2 still had the airplay, it would became a classic...