1. PC monitor or TV?

I will b building myself a little man cave or office when I get into my new house and will want my computer at the heart of it. I will be getting a nice little Asus Chromebox. I want to run it to a screen of around 22-24 inches. Is there any particular benefits of a dedicated monitor to a TV? I'm not wanting to spend a fortune so both will be 1080p. I will be running external speakers so that makes up for the monitor not having any. TV's will have more ports.

Any opinions? This is the TV I like. Slim bezels.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-audio/televisions/televisions/samsung-t24e390-24-led-tv-10127012-pdt.html
  2. Anyone upgraded to Windows 10? How are you finding it?

Should I hold out for a few more months or not bother entirely?
  3. The Dork (TM) again. Help needed.

For internet and home telephone, we have a phone line and a DSL-modem that is connected to the phone line at 1MB/sec (nothing faster here in the countryside, but yeah at least something).

Now I want to use my smartphone (the mobile thingy) via WLAN and that DSL connection to safe the online costs of my mobile provider since I now use WhatsApp

here goes the question.: can I buy a WLAN Router (for example like this ), connectz this with a cable to the DSL modem and then.... switch to WLAN and activate WLAN on my mobile as well --> does this work? and does the normal computer then work via the DSL modem or does it have to work via WLAN as well?

god I have no CLUE about these things

/grandma alert
  4. google windows 10 nightmare
  5. I hear also lots of nightmares, blue screens, crashes, 30 step recovery procedures etc.

I tried upgrading but it didn't even work, some Windows Update failure. And instead of giving me meaningful errors all it does is restarting my computer in the recovery mode. Then I restart and back to Windows 8. Guess that's where I'll be for the forseeable future.
  6. I upgraded on launch day and haven't had a single issue.
  7. Hmm, I guess it must be different for different people. I think I'll hold out on Windows 7 for a while more, I'll wait for more developments.
  8. el capitan is really superlative
  9. ChromeOS is fantastic. I was never a heavy desktop user. Never needed Microsoft word or excel so chrome suits me perfectly.

Ordering an i3 Asus Chromebox which I'll upgrade to 8gb RAM. Can't wait.

10. Looks great, better than a Mac imho.
  11. Asus Chromebox with core i3 ordered. Ohhh yea.