1. Does anyone know where I can find the actual single version? It's not on U218 or Best of 90-00 and itunes has the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses EP (which I assume is the same as the single release?) that has only got temple bar remix and temple bar edit along with two other songs but not the actual single version.

And yes, the Kindergarten version is very good. I can hardly listen to the album version anymore because it just doesn't compare.
  2. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:Does anyone know where I can find the actual single version? It's not on U218 or Best of 90-00 and itunes has the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses EP (which I assume is the same as the single release?) that has only got temple bar remix and temple bar edit along with two other songs but not the actual single version.

And yes, the Kindergarten version is very good. I can hardly listen to the album version anymore because it just doesn't compare.
    You might try purchasing the video and extracting the audio. In the US especially, singles seem to be tricky to get a hold of digitally.
  3. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:So the version of this song in the video ( [YouTube Video] ), is the single version right? It sounds like the temple bar remix but not quite. There is about 7 more seconds of song, mostly or maybe entirely added to make the intro a little longer, and there is electric guitar right from the first few seconds. Are these unique to the video or is there a recorded version that has the guitar and longer intro? I really want to trade out the video version for the album version on my ipod and the temple bar missing those crashing guitar sounds at the start is really disappointing!

btw, Nice cover LikeASong!
    Thanks for the heads up, it's nothing special, a quick cover recorded in first take... But hey

What a song ♥ I love it in every possible way.
  4. "Wild Horses" might actually make a top 20 list of my fave U2 songs. Great chorus, great melody, and there's something about the lyrics that seems very real to me and very direct, like a lot of the lyrics on Achtung Baby.

I just found a video of this song performed live, full band, electric, on the Vertigo Tour in Dublin City. They did a great job!
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Thanks for the heads up, it's nothing special, a quick cover recorded in first take... But hey

What a song ♥ I love it in every possible way.

Your "don't turn around"s melt my heart. I'm envious, I sound like a cat screeching those lines out. Along with the "Come on now love..." line, my favorite part of the song and you did them very well.
  6. Does anyone else get a rather 1960s-esque sort of surf rocky/West Coast vibe from the Baby Version? Cos I sure do.
  7. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:[..]

Your "don't turn around"s melt my heart. I'm envious, I sound like a cat screeching those lines out. Along with the "Come on now love..." line, my favorite part of the song and you did them very well.
    Well thank you 3 years later I just noticed I fucked up the first bridge (Well, you tell me things I know you're not supposed to, then you leave me just out of reach baby can we still be friends?). That's what first takes do to you. Anyway, thanks for the kind words!

@CMI it surely has a very different feeling to the final album & single versions, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it "surf rock taste"
  8. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:Does anyone know where I can find the actual single version? It's not on U218 or Best of 90-00 and itunes has the Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses EP (which I assume is the same as the single release?) that has only got temple bar remix and temple bar edit along with two other songs but not the actual single version.

I always thought the Temple Bar edit was the single version!
  9. I was listening to the Kindergarten version and damn, this song is so good
  10. I confess, I've been fairly off-radar when it comes to all this stuff in recent years. Those who know me will know WGRYWH is my favourite song of pretty much all time - so discovering there's a new version is always intriguing.

Just listened to the Kindergarten / Baby version for the first time, and for me, it's good - but it's not the best. Definitely feels like a demo / work-in-progress and you can see all the ideas swirling 'round heading towards something magical, but it doesn't get beyond that for me.

I like the single version and I like the Temple Bar version (and indeed, the Baby version too) but they're a bit too light - for me, the magic's in the album version.

Maybe it's recalling the magic of listening to it for the first time (the perfect soundtrack to riding a train home in winter-time), but it has that dark, earthy rawness to it which no other version reaches. The huge, gritty chords and the tribal drums hit me every time.

Amen brutha!
  11. Originally posted by WojBhoy:I confess, I've been fairly off-radar when it comes to all this stuff in recent years. Those who know me will know WGRYWH is my favourite song of pretty much all time - so discovering there's a new version is always intriguing.

Just listened to the Kindergarten / Baby version for the first time, and for me, it's good - but it's not the best. Definitely feels like a demo / work-in-progress and you can see all the ideas swirling 'round heading towards something magical, but it doesn't get beyond that for me.

I like the single version and I like the Temple Bar version (and indeed, the Baby version too) but they're a bit too light - for me, the magic's in the album version.

Maybe it's recalling the magic of listening to it for the first time (the perfect soundtrack to riding a train home in winter-time), but it has that dark, earthy rawness to it which no other version reaches. The huge, gritty chords and the tribal drums hit me every time.

[..]

Amen brutha!
    It's quite easily the most evocative song off Achtung Baby. You put it perfectly,
    (the perfect soundtrack to riding a train home in winter-time), but it has that dark, earthy rawness to it which no other version reaches. The huge, gritty chords and the tribal drums hit me every time.
    YES YES YES.
  12. Can anyone link me the single version? I always thought it was the Temple Mix